2021 SG Hunter Sallis 5 star

AuroranHusker

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/1181579599819526147

Bossi thinks Hunter may end up a top 5 point guard in the 2021 class. Still not sure why rivals lists him as a point guard, but that’d put him near 5-star status. He just keeps moving up rankings (247sports has him #32 in the country). He’ll have a big opportunity to show what he can do this weekend. 

When is the last time we had an in-state recruit who would’ve been ranked in the top 40 in the country? Strickland? 

i would guess Andre Woolridge

11 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Bossi thinks Hunter may end up a top 5 point guard in the 2021 class. Still not sure why rivals lists him as a point guard, but that’d put him near 5-star status. He just keeps moving up rankings (247sports has him #32 in the country). He’ll have a big opportunity to show what he can do this weekend. 

When is the last time we had an in-state recruit who would’ve been ranked in the top 40 in the country? Strickland? 

Woolridge

14 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I think Justin Patton climbed into the top 40 in  at least one of the recruiting rankings, but that was based mostly on potential.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

I think Justin Patton climbed into the top 40 in  at least one of the recruiting rankings, but that was based mostly on potential.

Speaking of Justin Patton, I think he redshirted his first two seasons in the NBA.  It's like the new football rules -- you can play in up to 4 games without it counting as a year of eligibility.  I think he might redshirt again this season.

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm not sure @Norm Peterson but when @millerhusker said "When was the last time we had an in-state recruit who would've been ranked in the top 40 in the country" I took that to mean *WE*, as in UNL Huskers.

I could be wrong though, I often am.

25 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Speaking of Justin Patton, I think he redshirted his first two seasons in the NBA.  It's like the new football rules -- you can play in up to 4 games without it counting as a year of eligibility.  I think he might redshirt again this season.

:Signhuh:   (I think :Redface:)  :Lol:

34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm honestly intrigued to see what he can do now that he's fully healthy

22 minutes ago, 49r said:

I'm not sure @Norm Peterson but when @millerhusker said "When was the last time we had an in-state recruit who would've been ranked in the top 40 in the country" I took that to mean *WE*, as in UNL Huskers.

I did mean the “we” as in the Huskers.

I was also trying to remember highly ranked Nebraska kids and completely forgot about Patton. Good catch Norm! I was thinking Akoy Agau and Mike Gesell were the highest ranked in recent years, but Patton was ranked much higher.

45 minutes ago, 49r said:

For instance, when you failed to use a semicolon after the word "though."

Tsk tsk

38 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

He Gone...

Kansas is starting to sniff around... But he did just lock in an official visit date to Nebraska (Nov 8th). He was supposed to visit last weekend but decided to go to homecoming instead. He and his parents wanted to take their official to Lincoln as soon as possible and didn’t care if there was a home football game or not. As far as I can tell, he hasn’t set an official to anywhere else. 

12 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Kansas is starting to sniff around... But he did just lock in an official visit date to Nebraska (Nov 8th). He was supposed to visit last weekend but decided to go to homecoming instead. He and his parents wanted to take their official to Lincoln as soon as possible and didn’t care if there was a home football game or not. As far as I can tell, he hasn’t set an official to anywhere else. 

If Kansas offers he gone 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...