WHYYYYY???!!!!

Norm Peterson

Of all the games to get cancelled due to weather in my lifetime (not sure it's happened ever before) why THIS one?!  

Why not rain out Northern Illinois a year ago?  Or any other game of the Mike Riley era?  

We've all been waiting on pins and needles to see the first game of the Scott Frost era.

We wanted to see how Martinez would manage this offense.

We wanted to see what the Frost offense would look like with all the weapons against a real opponent.

We wanted to see if a new DC had lit a fire under the blackshirts' butts.

We needed this as a warmup before Colorado.

WE MIGHT NEED THIS ONE TO BECOME BOWL ELIGIBLE!

Damn.  Of all the games, to get called for weather, Mother Nature chose this one.  That bitch.

9 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Akron went home because they couldn't find accommodations for Saturday night in Lincoln or Omaha.  Sheesh, I heard a local Motel Six kept their lights on for them...

We paid over $1M for them to come into town to play us. I'm certain they could have found arrangements. And an LJS report mentioned that we found accommodations for them. I'm simply not buying it.

Sounds like a December matchup (during conference championship weekend) is a real possibility. If Akron wants it.

Also, we could find an opponent down south to play. Seems like they always lose a game to hurricane season. Could double up as a nice recruiting trip too.

Either way I think we find a 12th game to play.

*If the schedules work out, South Dakota State also had their game canceled. Just spit ballin here.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Sounds like a December matchup (during conference championship weekend) is a real possibility. If Akron wants it.

Also, we could find an opponent down south to play. Seems like they always lose a game to hurricane season. Could double up as a nice recruiting trip too.

Either way I think we find a 12th game to play.

*If the schedules work out, South Dakota State also had their game canceled. Just spit ballin here.