ESPN Films: 30 for 30 - Last Days of Knight

49r

On 8/31/2018 at 7:24 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Just now seeing your post.... I saw it. Knight's an interesting cat. Kind of like NU's Bo Pelini in a way.

The comparison works when you are talking disposition but there is no comparison when you talk about coaching ability and the long-term effects they had on the game they coached.

I always admired Knight’s Indiana teams and his coaching acumen.  His instructional videos on motion offense and man to man defense are not exceeded.  He did not cheat in the recruiting game, often winning with less talent.  However, his boorish behavior has tarnished his reputation despite the fact many former players admire him.

• 4 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, hhcmatt said:

I only got to catch a minute but have it on my DVR. I couldn't help but think that the narrator sounded like Jack Handey of SNL fame.

I finally watched this and actually said this to my wife.  Too funny.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, 49r said:

It's hard to explain without getting into the whole context of the show but he doesn't come off in the 30 for 30 just the best.  Then again he was a youngster at the time and like you said I think he got a lot out of being coached by Bobby Knight so his maybe nonchalance  could be forgiven to a certain extent.  I just thought it was an interesting dynamic and cool to think that there's one degree of separation from today's Nebrasketball to what is undoubtedly one of college basketball history's greatest coaches.

I very much understand this now and completely agree.