College Hoops Countdown

Magic number 15, football still treading water, 60 days until start of best -year- ever for NU BBall, and ROCK BOTTOM has finally been discovered! (see-KU athletic director issues apology for football program after loss to Nicholls State). I will add my personal apologies to Amos Alonzo Stagg, Knute Rockne, and the Gipper who have all been spinning since the loss.

4 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Magic number 15, football still treading water, 60 days until start of best -year- ever for NU BBall, and ROCK BOTTOM has finally been discovered! (see-KU athletic director issues apology for football program after loss to Nicholls State). I will add my personal apologies to Amos Alonzo Stagg, Knute Rockne, and the Gipper who have all been spinning since the loss.

With 97 wins it's staggering they haven't clinched already.

Down 7-1 in the eighth with an all-scrub lineup? Down  8-7 with two outs in 9th with Brandon Phillips playing his first game in a Red Sox uniform wearing number Zero at bat? No sweat. Just another 9-8 win. Don't mean to highjack thread so lets just say I really liked Brandon Ubel just to remain remotely germane.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, jimmykc said:

I wonder if the KU AD would still have fired the fat guy if they'd had a crystal ball and could look into the future10 years and see what happened since Mangino left.

In the 9 full seasons since Mangino, KU won a grand total of 15 games.  They won 13 in Mangino's last 2 years and had 12 wins in one season the year before that.

So, 25 wins in Mangino's last 3 seasons; 15 total wins in the 9 seasons after that.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I wonder if the KU AD would still have fired the fat guy if they'd had a crystal ball and could look into the future10 years and see what happened since Mangino left.

In the 9 full seasons since Mangino, KU won a grand total of 15 games.  They won 13 in Mangino's last 2 years and had 12 wins in one season the year before that.

So, 25 wins in Mangino's last 3 seasons; 15 total wins in the 9 seasons after that.  Yikes.

Wasn't Mangino accused of abusing his players, or something like that?  Apparently nobody in administration has watched Last Chance U.

I attended the game in Lawrence which proved to be the last meeting between Mangino and the Suh-dominated Pelini team. I wonder how many of the fans from each team who were there on that beautiful autumn day would have been able to predict the number of combined victories the teams would have accumulated by now. I'll take the under, please. 

10 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

KU just thrashed Rutgers 55-14 so they're movin' on up..... lol

On 9/14/2018 at 4:18 PM, AuroranHusker said:

53 days 'til Nebrasketball !!!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that whenever HuskerHoops has these short video clips of practice that Roby is never participating in the actual basketball activity (and I don't see him in this picture of the entire team sprinting either). I could be wrong about this, I just know that everytime I see one I look for him and cannot ever seem to find him as part of the drill or workout.  Does anyone know anything about his status?  Is he 100%?  Do they hold him out of some drills and sprints as a precaution?

Edited by NUdiehard

On 9/23/2018 at 8:39 AM, HuskerFever said:

Just over 6 more weeks until we can start focusing on a sport with a round ball and a peach basket.

Practice starts tomorrow. I'm already focused on basketball. Football was pretty tough to watch Saturday. At least the basketball boys act like they WANT to play.