Post game call-in radio show

arliepro

Yeah! They end the radio show just as 13,000 potential listeners are getting in their cars to drive home.  Well, except for us lowlifes that may enter a bar.

I also wish Kent & whoever would give the stats at the end of their show as they do them right after the game is over and nobody that was at the game gets to hear them.

31 minutes ago, trickey said:

Yeah! They end the radio show just as 13,000 potential listeners are getting in their cars to drive home.  Well, except for us lowlifes that may enter a bar.

I also wish Kent & whoever would give the stats at the end of their show as they do them right after the game is over and nobody that was at the game gets to hear them.

this is why you leave early so that you can get the stats. while driving out of the parking lot.

11 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

i think they did this for a year and then discontinued it.

Yeah what was that guy's name?  He is a KU grad and did the postgame call in show on 93.7 for that 2014-15 year then got a job at 610 in Kansas City.  I see he's no longer listed as on air talent there so he must have moved on.

(BTW, I remember when he first started at 610 working on the morning drive time show and he and the host - another KU grad who hates Nebraska I think mostly because they left the Big 12 - was taking serious cracks at Nebraska and Lincoln.  It was kinda disappointing for me to hear that)

3 hours ago, 49r said:

Yeah what was that guy's name?  He is a KU grad and did the postgame call in show on 93.7 for that 2014-15 year then got a job at 610 in Kansas City.  I see he's no longer listed as on air talent there so he must have moved on.

(BTW, I remember when he first started at 610 working on the morning drive time show and he and the host - another KU grad who hates Nebraska I think mostly because they left the Big 12 - was taking serious cracks at Nebraska and Lincoln.  It was kinda disappointing for me to hear that)

Mike "I bought 5000 twitter followers once" Welch 

13 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I absolutely detest post game call in shows in any sport.  For every intelligent call someone makes, you get at least 10 from morons.  Now you know why Creighton has one....

Not too mention, in basketball you would have the ridiculous highs and lows based on random one game shooting sample sizes.  It happens here and we are a fairly intelligent bunch, I would say.  I personally could not imagine listening to that.  

3 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I absolutely detest post game call in shows in any sport.  For every intelligent call someone makes, you get at least 10 from morons.  Now you know why Creighton has one....

The drunk people are my favorite part, but dealing with them is not my job.

Edited by jdw

13 hours ago, 49r said:

Would love to take questions for a that night podcast a few times this season sadly I'd be hard to do it while people are driving home. Would that be of interest to people. Also if we made commercial free pregame pods would you listen to that on your way or opt for the radio broadcast instead.