I am a 5* difference maker...I come to Nebraska because? I don't go to Nebraska because?

Huskerpapa

Go Because:

- There's value being a big fish in a little pond

- You can make an immediate impact

- You can be the star

- You like the idea of building and earning something

- Winning that first NCAA tournament game can get you a lot of free national attention

Don't Go Because:

- It's cold

- It's in Nebraska (where's Nebraska?)

- You'd have to put more work in to see similar win/loss results at a more superior program

- You have to deal with a less talented roster

- Football comes first at the university

- The school has little tradition/pinnacle success

- It is the only power conference program without a NCAA tournament win

At Nebraska because:  I was that extremely rare 5 Star instate prospect!

The excellent facilities    

Passionate, starving for a winner, fan base

Not at Nebraska:           No tradition

Can’t show my “skills” on National TV enough.

College Game Day won’t be at Pinnacle Bank Arena

I come to Nebraska because...

I got hurt at my old school and then burried on the depth chart behind the next year’s set of 5 stars

I’m from the state and know the potential of the program

I want to start instantly and be the lead player and probably want to go to college for more than 1 year

I like playing to the beat of my own drum. I will likely vote Nader in the next election.

I don’t care who my teammates are

I don’t come to Nebraska

I can’t name a single NBA player from Nebraska

I want Dickie V to call me a diaper dandy 

I play on the Nike AAU circuit

My handlers tell me where to go so I can make us the most money

I want to play with all the guys I squared up against at the AAU level and know that they can ball

5 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Silly question.  We don’t pay.

When Khalid El-Amin came out of Mpls North High and led UConn to the National Title, he chose the Huskies because they offered the best "package" ie. paid the most. I also had friends on the Gopher squad during the Haskins years and he routinely gave players "walking around" money. I realize this is hardly a news flash, but it's easy to lose sight of just how prevalent it is. 

Edited by Handy Johnson

On 8/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, rwhiston said:

I come to Nebraska because...

I got hurt at my old school and then burried on the depth chart behi next year’s set of 5 starsnd the

I’m from the state and know the potential of the program

I want to start instantly and be the lead player and probably want to go to college for more than 1 year

I like playing to the beat of my own drum. I will likely vote Nader in the next election.

I don’t care who my teammates are

This reasoning reminds me of a certain football player.  

I came to Nebraska because they made me got to school for one year and I really like my coach Nick Krenk who the Huskers hired in order to get me.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/barfknecht-nebraska-city-native-former-husker-nick-krenk-coaching-lebron/article_02d6006c-64eb-5a19-ae3e-caff5e1626bb.html

13 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

In part, because the article was behind a pay wall, and I had to do some internet sleuthing to figure out who this kid was

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/sports-story/8175334-no-1-ranked-player-in-the-world-for-the-2023-nba-draft-class-slated-to-play-at-kawartha-classic-junior-boys-high-school-basketball-tourney-in-peterborough/