The rotation this year

ZAYWHAT!

2 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Man, I don't know Khoock.  I am thinking that we will see the two of them playing 20 to 25 minutes early on.  We can't have the five starters averaging 34 minutes a game from the beginning.  But I guess we shall soon find out.

Yeah im hoping to honestly get 20 min a game from the two of them but think that might be a reach. I also know Nana could figure into the conversation at the 4 if we go small.

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

Heres my take on the depth chart going in to the exhibition game tomorrow:

PG: Glynn Watson -> Amir Harris -> Thomas Allen

SG: Thomas Allen -> Amir Harris -> Thor Thorbjarnarson 

GF: James Palmer -> Nana Akenten -> Thor Thorbjarnarson 

F: Isaac Copeland -> Isaiah Roby -> Nana Akenten

C : Isaiah Roby -> Tanner Borchardt -> Brady Hieman 

I think you are spot on Khoock, but you forgot Chan...oh wait.

Also another thing i have considered, what about Hieman backing Copeland up at the 4?

With his slighter build he might have more success defending an opposing teams 4 and seems to have the range to play the position. Also, Brady has stated that Miles recruited him as stretch 4 type of player.

28 minutes ago, khoock said:

So Tanner is ahead of Brady. That seems clear. But is Brady still expected to play on a nightly basis? Or is he trending more towards how Tanner was used last year (20 games, 6ish minutes a game)

Ideally would like to get 15-18 minutes a game Tanner and/or Brady.

Is it clear?

I think that's a high amount for them on most nights, especially vs. high major opponents, unless they're a lot more developed than I'm aware of. Brady will get there eventually, I think, but probably not this year. I think how Tanner was used last hear is very similar to how he'll be used this year. I think they both could see similar usage numbers this year, but the 15-18 number seems pretty lofty to me as things stand right now.

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Is it clear?

I think that's a high amount for them on most nights, especially vs. high major opponents, unless they're a lot more developed than I'm aware of. Brady will get there eventually, I think, but probably not this year. I think how Tanner was used last hear is very similar to how he'll be used this year. I think they both could see similar usage numbers this year, but the 15-18 number seems pretty lofty to me as things stand right now.

Just to be clear im talking about a combined 15-18 minutes. Not individually.

You still think that is too much?

Just now, uneblinstu said:

That's how I took it. Yes, I think 15-18 combined is too much. 8-12 is probably where I'd put the range.

That very well may be how it shakes out. If thats all we get from em, Roby and Copeland are gonna have quite the work load which worries me. Both Copeland and Roby have a little injury history and Roby hasnt proven that he can consistently stay out of foul trouble.

Between Nana, Hieman, and Borchardt hopefully the staff figures out something that wont break down Roby and Cope. 

5 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

That's how I took it. Yes, I think 15-18 combined is too much. 8-12 is probably where I'd put the range.

Cope and roby won’t have any legs left by February if that’s the case. Tanner will hover in the 10-15 minute a game range. He’s a solid player nothing special but he knows his role which matters. Brady I’m not sure. He does not have much of an outside shot yet but if he can alter shots and dunk the basketball I would think he could play 5-10 minutes a game by BIG ten play. Roby isn’t gonna be able to stay out of foul trouble enough to play 30 minutes every night guarding opposite fives

19 hours ago, khoock said:

So Tanner is ahead of Brady. That seems clear. But is Brady still expected to play on a nightly basis? Or is he trending more towards how Tanner was used last year (20 games, 6ish minutes a game)

Ideally would like to get 15-18 minutes a game Tanner and/or Brady.

I think we'll see him on a nightly basis

43 minutes ago, khoock said:

Miles said the rotation is not set but the staff has 6 players they trust (5 starters + Tanner Borchardt). 

Per LJS

Nana omission glaring but not surprising.   I hope he can earn the trust.  Would really help us this season.   

And, will Amir get into that "trust" category?

Edited by HB

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I also have to believe Amir is a strong part of the rotation (if only he too, could develop his outside shot).  So that makes a solid 7 man rotation.  That means Nana, Thor or someone else needs to step up.

Based off Miles comments sounds like Amir needs to step up as well

2 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

I hope Nana plays well tonight, obviously we aren't in practice so its a grain of salt but idk why Miles seems not to like him much

He's the most talented guy who doesn't play as many minutes as he should because he gets lost on defense

8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

He's the most talented guy who doesn't play as many minutes as he should because he gets lost on defense

That and the issue has been between the ears.   Average fan sees "jump high and hit 3s".    Coach deals with "issues".   This has been fragile for a long time, but still has a chance to end well.  Stick with it, Nana, and learn.

1 minute ago, HB said:

That and the issue has been between the ears.   Average fan sees "jump high and hit 3s".    Coach deals with "issues".   This has been fragile for a long time, but still has a chance to end well.  Stick with it, Nana, and learn.

I was pretty enthused to hear he was living with Copeland.

Wasnt sure where to post this (so feel free to move it wherever it belongs) but in an OWH article Miles said the new offensive philosophy is threes, lay ups, and free throws. He doesnt want to see a lot of mid range jumpers. That is odd bc idk if we have the shooters from deep for that. Also, our 4 best players all have a pretty good mid range game right?

11 minutes ago, khoock said:

Wasnt sure where to post this (so feel free to move it wherever it belongs) but in an OWH article Miles said the new offensive philosophy is threes, lay ups, and free throws. He doesnt want to see a lot of mid range jumpers. That is odd bc idk if we have the shooters from deep for that. Also, our 4 best players all have a pretty good mid range game right?

Copeland and Glynn (Kind Of) has a solid mid-range game.  Will be interesting to see how that affects them.  Otherwise, I would rather see James, Roby, and Allen do exactly what Miles wants.