The rotation this year

ZAYWHAT!

26 minutes ago, khoock said:

Typically players dont redshirt after their freshmen year (unless its a medical or a transfer redshirt).

I remember Miles discussing the possibility of Bakari Evelyn redshirting after freshman year. Evelyn ended up transferring instead.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a probable situation. I do think it would be a good idea.

Worked out well for Reyes Gallegos. He's still tearin' it up as a baller overseas, last I checked.

Edited by AuroranHusker

4 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Harris, Heiman and Nana are really the only ones I've heard the coaches mention. I wouldn't bank too much on Chan, Borchardt or Davis to contribute too much.

Why do you say that about Chan.  I'm curious.   He's a sophomore and we'll have him for 3 years.  That's a long time to have someone ride the pine.  And I thought Huskerpapa had some inside source telling him Chan was going to be a good offensive weapon.  So, just curious why you would say you don't expect he'll contribute too much.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Why do you say that about Chan.  I'm curious.   He's a sophomore and we'll have him for 3 years.  That's a long time to have someone ride the pine.  And I thought Huskerpapa had some inside source telling him Chan was going to be a good offensive weapon.  So, just curious why you would say you don't expect he'll contribute too much.

Thanks

I'm not commenting on the next 3 years. I'm commenting on this year. He may very well develop into a player that can contribute, but my experience has been that players that get discussed publicly usually are the ones that get on the court. I haven't heard a peep about Chan from Miles. Until that changes, and it very well could, I'm not projecting him to be a major factor this year.

48 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I'm not commenting on the next 3 years. I'm commenting on this year. He may very well develop into a player that can contribute, but my experience has been that players that get discussed publicly usually are the ones that get on the court. I haven't heard a peep about Chan from Miles. Until that changes, and it very well could, I'm not projecting him to be a major factor this year.

OK, thanks.  So, basically it's not anything that you've heard; it's more what you haven't heard, correct?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj5y97zi-3dAhUS-6wKHegoDXgQwqsBMAF6BAgGEAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hudl.com%2Fvideo%2F3%2F6894187%2F5aa1aa1edfd98e0e7461a99e&usg=AOvVaw0BUKWckNxZHWQoxT0laekh

Didn't see this video posted.  I think Chan can score!  Only thing might be if he is quick enough for the big ten.  Take a look at his body.  His legs are long and his body (hip to shoulder) is short.  Makes me think he can play taller than 6'8. 

Edited by PointGuard
Correction

4 hours ago, PointGuard said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj5y97zi-3dAhUS-6wKHegoDXgQwqsBMAF6BAgGEAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hudl.com%2Fvideo%2F3%2F6894187%2F5aa1aa1edfd98e0e7461a99e&usg=AOvVaw0BUKWckNxZHWQoxT0laekh

Didn't see this video posted.  I think Chan can score!  Only thing might be if he is quick enough for the big ten.  Take a look at his body.  His legs are long and his body (hip to shoulder) is short.  Makes me think he can play taller than 6'8. 

It is always difficult for me to judge talent by simply watching a few minutes of video.  This video reaffirms what I have heard, that he has a number of offensive weapons and his little jump hook is deadly.  He also seems to have good three point range.  So he is sort of like Walt was, and that would be okay.

What the video does not answer is whether the kid can defend, rebound or whether or not he is explosive.  It is rare to see a video like this and not see one dunk.  Can he dunk?  Is he explosive and does he have a good foundation, which is an absolute need in the Big Ten?

All in all, I believe Dedoch is really going to help this year.  But I will wait until I actually lay eyes on him before being definitive.

The staff's biggest lineup concern is playing Glynn and TA at the same time.  They think we will get exploited defensively when both are playing at the same time.   Early returns on Amir (in all facets other than shooting) are quite positive.   I wouldn't be surprised when we play the better competition (translate bigger at the wing), that TA plays more when Amir is in the game rather than with Glynn.   

54 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Simply, I love what Tim said about his "mixed lineups" said that there will never be 3 players on the floor at the same time that aren't Roby-Cope-Glynn-Palmer.

Never say never.  

When we're up 25 on Seton Hall at the under-4 timeout, I'm betting we'll see a lineup that includes more than 2 players not in that group.

42 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

I noticed our new "Lee" from OWH just posted on twitter that he thinks the starting lineup will be Watson, Amir Harris, Copeland, Palmer, Roby

someone can link it if they want, haven't figured that out

That has been my latest prediction. With Thomas Allen as the first guy of the bench 

17 minutes ago, khoock said:

That has been my latest prediction. With Thomas Allen as the first guy of the bench 

Tim said Thomas "he could see being the 5th starter" at media days. I'd guess start of the season Tom gets the nod, but if that is too small defensively maybe switch him and Amir.