The rotation this year

ZAYWHAT!

• 3 weeks later...

The most interesting development to me now is the backup minutes at the 4 and 5. We know Roby and Copeland will each play 30 minutes (even more in big/close games). That leaves about 20 minutes a game left for Tanner Borchardt, Dedoch Chan, and now Brady Hieman. 

I feel like im pretty confident piecing together the rest of the rotation. But Hieman not RS is throwing a wrench in my predictions for the front court.

30 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Brady basically said in Robin Washut's media day write up that he isn't redshirting, and he feels he can contribute. 

That's fine by me. Kids generally don't want to straight out of H.S. If he gets injured, Heiman could receive a medical RS. Spit-ballin' a bit.

I personally hope Brady brings some fire off the bench, something that Jordy didn't seem to bring his toolbox very often. Grab some defensive rebounds, outlet the basketball, provide screens, a few offensive boards even, make his bunnies, and make his free-throws... you know, just the basic fundamentals of a big man. I'm optimistic that #45 will be a decent contributor on a great team so he can develop into being a bigger contributor in the following years.

Edited by AuroranHusker

24 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Grab some defensive rebounds, outlet the basketball, provide screens, a few offensive boards even, make his bunnies, and make his free-throws... you know, just the basic fundamentals of a big man.

We haven't had this in quite a while so it's exactly what we should hope for. 

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Miles said he never told Heinman he planned to redshirt him. Said they'd see how the start of the season goes first and if he's not playing come mid-late November, they can revisit. I don't think anything has been officially determined here. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

At the end of that he said it is nearly a lock that he plays this year.  

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Question for those of you who are experienced basketball players or coaches: Is it realistic to expect Brady to add any additional weight in the next 4-5 weeks of official practice? And if so, how much?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't players usually lose a little weight once the season starts?

11 hours ago, khoock said:

The most interesting development to me now is the backup minutes at the 4 and 5. We know Roby and Copeland will each play 30 minutes (even more in big/close games). That leaves about 20 minutes a game left for Tanner Borchardt, Dedoch Chan, and now Brady Hieman. 

I feel like im pretty confident piecing together the rest of the rotation. But Hieman not RS is throwing a wrench in my predictions for the front court.

Dedoch will find minutes and I don't necessarily think they will mostly be at the 5. He's realistically more like 6'7 if the team picture is any indication. He's no heavier than most of our guards and I think he's going to play a solid amount of the 3 which I would like to see him at. He's skilled with the ball isn't afraid to shoot the three and will match up defensively with players at this position. Plus we don't have that many players who fit well at that position. Maybe I'm forgetting someone but who do people think will fill that middle (size wise) spot for us.