Dedoch is N and now out...

Huskerpapa

Another way of looking at it...how many minutes per game are you expecting from Isaiah and Isaac at the 4/5?  Secondly, do you expect Isaiah to play a little bit at the wing?

If you project those two at the 4/5 positions,  I do not believe you will get any more than 30 minutes each per game.  That leaves 20 minutes combined (minimum) per game for Tanner and Dedoch.  Any reduction in the average minutes per game for Isaiah and Isaac, creates even more opportunity for Dedoch and Tanner. AND, if Isaiah plays any minutes at the three, then even more minutes are available.   Can Nana or James play minutes at the 4/5 if we go small?

Can you ever see us go "big" with Dedoch at the 5, Isaac at the 4, Isaiah at the 3, James at the 2 and Amir at the point?

Point is, we have an athletic team with a number of lineup possibilities.   It should be interesting how minutes will be distributed, especially early in the year.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

I think Roby spends more time at the 5 this year than any other player. He will will cause the biggest match up problem for opposing teams while giving up the least defensively. 

Yep.  In order to make the other team play "your game," you have to have the better player at "that game."  I think Roby will be able to cause more problems on a traditional 5 man than a traditional 5 man could cause on Roby.

15 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Yep.  In order to make the other team play "your game," you have to have the better player at "that game."  I think Roby will be able to cause more problems on a traditional 5 man than a traditional 5 man could cause on Roby.

I agree completely. The main problem will be if he can stay out of foul trouble guarding a bigger traditional post player.

2 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I agree completely. The main problem will be if he can stay out of foul trouble guarding a bigger traditional post player.

Yep.  I think we will have to switch off Isiah and Issac, play some 1-3-1, and double down in the post.  Throw a mix so that Roby isn't always guarding 1-on-1.

3 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Those are games where we will likely see more minutes for tanner. I’d like to see them try cope more at the 5 on defense and roby more at the 4 to try n spread the foul trouble out. 

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

4 Chan.  And he plays the 4?  I thought it was a bit of a play on words.  ?

Let me guess? He is a plant put here by Trump to out the evil forces that Obama and Hillary have hidden within the Husker Basket Ball program... or something like that

Edited by BigTate

Was looking over some of his JUCO stats and it looked like he finished the season with a shooting slump from 3 (0-12 last 5 games). Before that slump he was sitting at 38 percent.

~ Cant remember if this was shared already or not ~

Edited by khoock

18 hours ago, BigTate said:

Let me guess? He is a plant put here by Trump to out the evil forces that Obama and Hillary have hidden within the Husker Basket Ball program... or something like that

It was a joke. From what I have read, 4chan is a conspiracy theory web site? The Basket Ball part was a typo. My apologies to anyone who was offended...

3 hours ago, BigTate said:

It was a joke. From what I have read, 4chan is a conspiracy theory web site? The Basket Ball part was a typo. My apologies to anyone who was offended...

I've never visited the site, but from what I've always been told, it's like a place where 30-year-old basement dwellers go to talk about anime and how to hack sites and post pictures of Rick Astley.  And stuff like that.

But I don't know much about any of that stuff, so maybe you're right.