Dedoch is N and now out...

Huskerpapa

14 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

Yeah I don’t have a problem with this remember that he had 3 years of elgiblity maybe they realized he wouldn’t develop or Chan didn’t want to wait to develop at least he is doing this in time for us to get a mid season transfer or grab someone for 2019 without worrying about 2020 at all. 

And Tim Miles has never truly "over-signed" to fill out his roster. I think it may be a small factor in this, perhaps Miles told Chan he wouldn't see the court this season & Dedoch decided to bail after 1st semester rather than tread water, so to speak.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, hhcmatt said:

??????

?I understand!?

??????

I'd call that the feedback and eye roll in there would probably not be great for fostering good will towards man

I suppose it wouldn't.  I actually tend to like groaners, or eye-rolling types of comments/jokes and was only needling you in good nature.  But it probably wouldn't always be used that way.

Deak Vance is no longer the most disappointing junior college PF recruit in school history.  Or maybe he is - he was supposed to be really good; if he'd gone to class and Hoppen stays healthy maybe we win a tournament game in 86?

BJ Walker, Shang Ping, Amos Gregory, Alex Chapman, and George Mazyck might be in contention.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

21 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Deak Vance is no longer the most disappointing junior college PF recruit in school history.  Or maybe he is - he was supposed to be really good; if he'd gone to class and Hoppen stays healthy maybe we win a tournament game in 86?

BJ Walker, Shang Ping, Amos Gregory, Alex Chapman, and George Mazyck might be in contention.

I always liked the guy that said " Aw F**k it, I'm going to Nebraska" in a tweet.  I believe he was a JC recruit under Doc and he never made it to NU. Can't remember his name.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:02 PM, Navin R. Johnson said:

I always liked the guy that said " Aw F**k it, I'm going to Nebraska" in a tweet.  I believe he was a JC recruit under Doc and he never made it to NU. Can't remember his name.

Jerran Young. Had a decent couple of years at Wright State and was certainly better than the "Dunking Refrigerator" Keith Coleman.  I remember the Sipple article where he touted Coleman as a program changer that I think has been scrubbed from the internet. Coleman's KenPom page makes Jordy look like Greg Oden.

36 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Jerran Young. Had a decent couple of years at Wright State and was certainly better than the "Dunking Refrigerator" Keith Coleman.  I remember the Sipple article where he touted Coleman as a program changer that I think has been scrubbed from the internet. Coleman's KenPom page makes Jordy look like Greg Oden.

https://www.google.com/amp/journalstar.com/sports/mens-basketball/huskers-get-first-hoops-commitment-for/article_4065c9b2-ec27-5898-b2a0-c8fc947c8ab1.amp.html

“Coleman said he plans to make his official visit in September. Nebraska is expected to host one or two more recruits on their official visits in October, one of them possibly Wichita, Kan., shooting guard Buddy Hield.

Hield, who's originally from the Bahamas, is another player Nebraska was first recruiting before he began attracting more attention over the summer.”

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Navin R. Johnson said:

That kid's twitter was a train wreck. After the "eff it" tweet, I had to go take a look.  He had tweets in there about not going to class because he didn't understand what the eff the teacher was saying, and I remember thinking this one might not end very well.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

That kid's twitter was a train wreck. After the "eff it" tweet, I had to go take a look.  He had tweets in there about not going to class because he didn't understand what the eff the teacher was saying, and I remember thinking this one might not end very well.

If you watched Last Chance U on Netflix, or get an opportunity to do so, you will see too many players thinking or doing the same thing.  Sad situation, many of these players come from a background where academics are nothing more than an afterthought and because of the athletic performance, simply get pushed along. 

I hate to be the historic crab, but at my school, if someone was below a C average, in any class, you couldn't play or participate in any extra-curricular activity.  What we did was set up study sessions for those in academic peril to help our classmates along.  Mind you we were a Nebraska Class C school.  

Not sure we were ahead of our time, but it helped those kids that needed help.  

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Now that you say that, it does ring a bell.  I was surprised to hear in Matt's post that he did play some place.  I wonder if he graduated?

• 5 months later...