2020 PG Rashad McDaniels

hhcmatt

Really thick-built kid especially for a rising junior in HS.

Do not like his jumper.  Shoots it like a chest pass.  I think @Dean Smith has said that's the kind of technique kids develop when they try to shoot from too far away before they're old enough/big enough/strong enough to do it.

He appears to have decent handles.  Appears to be a pretty assertive player, which is good.

Curious to see what happens with this. My guess is the leg hair situation is not favorable.

55 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Husker Corner [I believe] is saying this may be one of our most important HS recruits in the Miles era...

No sure why that would be the case.  He would be a good pick-up but not sure why Husker Corner would think this is the most important recruit in the Miles era. 

52 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Husker Corner [I believe] is saying this may be one of our most important HS recruits in the Miles era...

Am I missing where McDaniels is considered a top 30 ESPN kid? He's not in their top 60 http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2020/order/true

Is he considered a top 30 PG by this ranking?

43 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

No sure why that would be the case.  He would be a good pick-up but not sure why Husker Corner would think this is the most important recruit in the Miles era. 

It's not a great article, but you can read for yourself here:

On 8/9/2018 at 9:43 AM, Norm Peterson said:

This video didn't have many highlights. Either he doesn't have many impressive highlights or they picked the wrong plays because I feel like there wasn't anything in there an average high schooler couldn't do. I'm going to assume there's something we aren't seeing. 

His shooting form looks rough his guide hand is always on top of the ball. I mean if he shoots 40% from 3 that works but I'm not confident he can keep that form.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 12.11.43 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...