Dedoch Chan

4huskers

7 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Dare I say, much more offensive talent than Jordy.  

Seems like he easily has that. It's more the matter of if he's serviceable in the place of Roby or Copeland and how do we respond against the teams with traditional centers or even PFs. Outscoring the other team tends to be a sound strategy though.

33 minutes ago, royalfan said:

It just speaks to the importance of needing another body capable of playing some minutes that has any type of size more than anything.  I might prefer this fella as well as he seems to be a much better rebounder.  

Agree on the lack of the body.   Id just assume see Heimann get experience as opposed to McVeigh

2 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Agree on the lack of the body.   Id just assume see Heimann get experience as opposed to McVeigh

Anybody that has seen Heimann play says playing this year wouldn't do anything but hurt him in the long run. He needs the redshirt. We don't know anything about this juco kid. I guess we are all just hoping for the best. It would seem to be the best for Heimann if Dedoch shows up so he can redshirt. Physically I can see similarities with Ubel and think of what he could have been with one move year at Nebraska. You can't change the past so Jack is no longer an option. If this is the best we can do at this time then let's roll the dice and see if he can help.

Things I like about Chan:

1. He has some size

2. He's immediately eligible and better than a second unused schollie

3. He can score

4. He's immediately eligible and better than a second unused schollie

5. He has three years of eligibilty

6. He's immediately eligible and better than a second unused schollie

7. He gained experience as "the guy" on a decent juco team, which could be useful a year from now

8. He's immediately eligible and better than a second unused schollie

Let’s be honest. This kid is an insurance policy in the event Isaiah picks up a second foul in the first half.

He’s not a post player. He has all the size of a Big Ten wing. But he is long and appears to have some tools in his arsenal that make him serviceable. Aaaaand ...

”He’s immediately available and better than a second unused schollie.” (Hat tip @aphilso1)

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Let’s be honest. This kid is an insurance policy in the event Isaiah picks up a second foul in the first half.

He’s not a post player. He has all the size of a Big Ten wing. But he is long and appears to have some tools in his arsenal that make him serviceable. Aaaaand ...

”He’s immediately available and better than a second unused schollie.” (Hat tip @aphilso1)

If he doesn't fill in for foul trouble at center then he can play PF/ the 4 and to me that's a more natural position for him. He should be able to guard the four though I don't know. I also actually like the fact that he has few blocked shots. IMO blocked shots and even worse attempted blocked shots that are altered turn into offensive rebounds and easy lay-ups 50% of the time.

To me he is a very talented offensively and would be very valuable offensively. Reminds me a bit of Derick Pardon.

Defensively I'm not so confident because like all of you have nothing to go off of but numbers.

5 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Sure you can. 

You can but if you want to be successful long term you don't. You have to be flexible within your system but if you have no system you have no direction. To try to change who you are is a sign of desperation and we are a long way from needing to be desperate. And I stick with my first statement, we will not play more zone than man this year.