Dedoch Chan

4huskers

Wow.  Love his film.  That's a whole lot of skill at 6'8" and they were running designed plays for him to shoot threes which is a great sign.  He fits in perfect with our current roster.  He's listed at 215lbs, but he throws every bit of his weight around with good physicality.  Great touch around the rim.  Very aware of his abilities.  Good ball handler and creative scorer.  

Yes please.  

56 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Lets get him.  I mentioned the other day that a Freshman Juco is probably our best chance of getting someone that can rebound at this point. Would feel much better having another rebounder on the team.  If he doesn't end up being very good, so be it.  It will provide a little insurance inside.  If Wichita is interested, he is more than good enough for this insurance role we need filled.  

Yep, that's what I mentioned as well - block out & rebound, any more is strictly a bonus! Let's nab NU some Dedoch Chan from Aisle Carom.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Looks like he has offensive talent.  Dare I say, much more offensive talent than Jordy.  In fact his offensive game is comparable to Isaiah and isaac.  Two things we did not see: how well does he defend, and, can he dunk the ball?  It is odd that we see a 4 minute video with nary a dunk?

Did his knees bend the right way as well?

13 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Just hope we legitimately like him for the future years and it’s not just an overreaction to our roster mismanagement in the past 

We have room and he can be shown the way out if playing time never is going to be there.  Happens all the time this day and age.  Primary factor should be getting the best rebounder we can get that can play this year and not worry about much else.  The roster mismanagement caused a big problem.  That part is over with.  I wouldn't call it an overreaction to get a body that can rebound.  

I like the fact that he has 3 years to play.  Not your usual situation with a peach schnapps juco player.  Makes it more of a "Sex on the Beach" situation than straight peach schnapps, if I can abuse the metaphor a bit.  And I say "Sex on the Beach" advisedly, because it's slightly more complex than, say, a "Fuzzy Navel."  And a little more appropriate to a family-oriented site than a "Fuck Me Sideways." Just saying.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I like the fact that he has 3 years to play.  Not your usual situation with a peach schnapps juco player.  Makes it more of a "Sex on the Beach" situation than straight peach schnapps, if I can abuse the metaphor a bit.  And I say "Sex on the Beach" advisedly, because it's slightly more complex than, say, a "Fuzzy Navel."  And a little more appropriate to a family-oriented site than a "Fuck Me Sideways." Just saying.

Cheers!

29 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

seems to be a decent offensive player, but his defense worries me. only blocked 8 shots in 25 games as a starter in juco.

You can be a very good defender and not block any shots and you can block a lot of shots and not really be a good defender. I don't know anything about this kid but personally, I feel the blocked shot is one of the most overrated aspects of the game. How many of them turn into possession for your team? 

51 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

You can be a very good defender and not block any shots and you can block a lot of shots and not really be a good defender. I don't know anything about this kid but personally, I feel the blocked shot is one of the most overrated aspects of the game. How many of them turn into possession for your team? 

Very, very true.  That being said, not knowing anything about his defensive abilities or lack thereof, I would prefer that he could block shots.  However, beggars cannot be choosy.  We need a body that can grab some rebounds off the bench.  If he is able to shoot well enough to stretch the floor that is gravy.  

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

it's not so much about the actual blocks themselves, but usually good shot blockers are also great at altering shots and making it difficult to shoot over you.

and at the juco level, you'd think a 6'8 guy playing 30+ min could get more than 0.3 blocks per game

Edited by TimSmiles

Anybody going to compare his game to Walt?

The two video's must have included every 3-pointer he made.  But that is not why I like the kid.  To me, he k ows his way around the basket.  Not only that, he looks comfortable with his back to the basket.  He also appears willing and able to pass out of the low post.  As mentioned earlier, his offensive game compliments the styles of Isaiah and Isaac.  And if we do need someone to bang for a few moments, we have Tanner.

Then again, we still have a couple wwks, we may see two additional players on our roster.

Edited by Huskerpapa

24 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Solid on ball defense and boxing out abilities will trump shot blocking any day of the week in my book. No clue if he brings those to the table but it’s august 8th guys. Just getting a guy that can give us some valuable minutes is worth the scholly. I’d probably take back mcveigh at this point

I would take Mcveigh back in a second and pay for his flight back to Lincoln.  

4 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I would take Mcveigh back in a second and pay for his flight back to Lincoln.  

Wish I could agree but can't.   Would take this guy over him.   And I'm not sold on this guy.   I'd trust this guy down low over McVeigh and I'd rather see Davis/Thor/Nana get time on the wing.

Just wished we wouldve been smart and gone after a grad transfer post to begin with.

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

Very, very true.  That being said, not knowing anything about his defensive abilities or lack thereof, I would prefer that he could block shots.  However, beggars cannot be choosy.  We need a body that can grab some rebounds off the bench.  If he is able to shoot well enough to stretch the floor that is gravy.  

Yep.

We were a good shot blocking team last year....but that didn't mean we were a good post defensive team.  The two are not one and the same.  Though it does help more often than not

9 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Wish I could agree but can't.   Would take this guy over him.   And I'm not sold on this guy.   I'd trust this guy down low over McVeigh and I'd rather see Davis/Thor/Nana get time on the wing.

Just wished we wouldve been smart and gone after a grad transfer post to begin with.

It just speaks to the importance of needing another body capable of playing some minutes that has any type of size more than anything.  I might prefer this fella as well as he seems to be a much better rebounder.