Dedoch Chan

4huskers

This is from a February 20, 2018, article:

"Chan, freshman forward from Rochester, Minn., extended his streak of games scoring 20-plus points to eight by averaging 28.5 points and 14.5 rebounds as Mississippi Gulf Coast won twice on the road. 
He poured in 33 points on 12-of-19 shooting and grabbed 17 rebounds in a 72-56 win at Meridian. In a 71-63 win at Jones County, he led a comeback from down 13 with 13 minutes to play and finished with 24 points and 12 rebounds."

A 6'-8" forward would be a welcome addition if he can block out & rebound. Anything else is a bonus!

http://www.mgcccbulldogs.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/bios/chan_dedoch_xxxx

High School: As a senior, averaged 16.8 points 7.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals … As a junior, averaged 22 points and 8 rebounds and was named to All-Big Nine First Team … Played for Coach Kirk Thompson.

Dedoch Chan

Dedoch Chan

Height: 6'-8
Weight: 215
Year: Fr
Hometown: Rochester, Minn.
High School: John Marshall
Position: F
PT
Edited by AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Think this could be a soon commitment?

If we offer I'd be shocked if he didn't commit. We'd easily be his best offer.

He didn't shoot the 3 particularly well but that he's a 6'8" guy that shoots 3s is a good sign.

Doesn't look like much of a shot blocker but seems to have a nose for rebounds

http://www.mgcccbulldogs.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/bios/chan_dedoch_xxxx?view=gamelog&pos=sh

He's only a freshman so he'd have 3 years left

I think the increased interest in juco players isn't because we've recently decided that jucos are the way of the future.

I think it reflects a reality of our roster situation, including the fact that we'll need some experienced players going into next year considering we lose probably our top 4 players to graduation/NBA after this season and everyone behind them will be underclassmen.  This is a stop gap measure going after jucos this year.

8 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Looks like he has offensive talent.  Dare I say, much more offensive talent than Jordy.  In fact his offensive game is comparable to Isaiah and isaac.  Two things we did not see: how well does he defend, and, can he dunk the ball?  It is odd that we see a 4 minute video with nary a dunk?

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Looks like he has offensive talent.  Dare I say, much more offensive talent than Jordy.  In fact his offensive game is comparable to Isaiah and isaac.  Two things we did not see: how well does he defend, and, can he dunk the ball?  It is odd that we see a 4 minute video with nary a dunk?

There's some dunking in this one and a couple blocked shots, but not really any defense.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6894187/5a3b34acb53f480ec461517d

Lets get him.  I mentioned the other day that a Freshman Juco is probably our best chance of getting someone that can rebound at this point. Would feel much better having another rebounder on the team.  If he doesn't end up being very good, so be it.  It will provide a little insurance inside.  If Wichita is interested, he is more than good enough for this insurance role we need filled.