2019 SF David Roddy -> Colorado St

Swan88

13 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I'd take him as a 4 for sure.  He can dunk off 2 feet, straight up, is strong as an ox, and can lead the break.  If he can't guard opposing 4s, he can at least bruise them up, but with that leaping ability I see his height as a moot point, and boxing out won't be even remotely an issue.  

I loved how OSU used Jae'Sean Tate.  Same idea.  

Dont we already have an undersized forward in the class with Akol Arop?

Do we want two... in the same class?

Unless this is a shift in recruiting philosophy and playing style?

2 hours ago, khoock said:

I think both guys offset their height with athleticism.  I also think Roddy is a more intriguing prospect, though I like them both.  

6 hours ago, khoock said:

I agree. Plus, we aren't going after this guy anymore. We are going to have to wait for our big as no one is on the radar (closer look at juco, prep, and heiman this season will tell us what we need???)

Would be fun to watch this kid play college football though, especially at a school that's easy to root for like Wyoming. His frame at qb ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SF David Roddy -> Colorado St
  • 3 years later...
On 10/17/2018 at 7:33 PM, Jugular said:

I like a kid like this. We’ve historically seen strong undersized big men have significant roles on other teams, especially when they can handle the ball on the break and pass well.  This kid has a high basketball IQ, very good post skills and great hands. Night and day difference over someone like Ed and not that much different in height. He’s also a great football player, so focusing on just hoops will also benefit him. 

I don’t think this kid is strictly a post...I think he can play some point forward or 3 on offense and could create some matchup problems in doing so. And he’s strong. He would give up height in the paint but he would be plenty strong that he wouldn’t get backed down. He would hold his ground and then some. I picture a Niang type player position wise. 

Dude...nailed it!  What an incredible prognostication.  

On 10/18/2018 at 9:19 AM, khoock said:

Hey, remember that time you said you didn't want David Roddy because we already had Akol Arop? 😉

On 8/8/2018 at 10:49 PM, bobcat402 said:

Sign him up, he’a pretty explosive for 6’5 250+, lean him down a little bit or add some good weight, you have a nice Bully ball 3-4, or a good small ball 5. Basically the P.J Tucker role for the Rockets

What’s even crazier is the grizz signed Kenneth Lofton Jr. (6’7’ 270) to a two way deal, and than they already have Bane, I really enjoy that they’re building this big weird body team around Ja

Edited by bobcat402