OT: Urban Meyer

Bugeaters1

The WR coach [Smith] I believe has been a jackwagon!  If you remember, he is the coach that started a twitter war with Coach Williams.  If Urban hid the truth, OSU will be in a very uninviable position.   Will Ohio State really do the right thing and fire their golden cow?

6 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

The WR coach [Smith] I believe has been a jackwagon!  If you remember, he is the coach that started a twitter war with Coach Williams.  If Urban hid the truth, OSU will be in a very uninviable position.   Will Ohio State really do the right thing and fire their golden cow?

I looked it up, his name is Zak Smith. He has a 5 year no contact with his wife. He started the assaults in 2009.

11 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

They've got a role model in Michigan State to follow. Urban will be just fine.

I'm not so sure.  A year ago, maybe.  But #MeToo has brought down some big names.  People are finally taking some of this shit seriously.  

And domestic violence is a problem that we see repeatedly in the context of big-time sports, so to sweep it under the rug and pretend you didn't know that an assistant should have been fired years ago just isn't going to fly very well in the current climate.

I think he could be toast.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio State takes these allegations very seriously and believes some punishment of the head coach is appropriate.

In consideration of the fact that this was a position coach rather than a coordinator, and the fact he was only beating his wife rather than raping an entire generation of young men, they feel a 3-game suspension for some early, cupcake games will send a strong message that such behavior will absolutely NOT be tolerated in the future.