2019 SF Robbie Beran - Northwestern

Swan88

50 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Like this offer a lot. Feels like those long shooters Michigan always has. https://youtu.be/MNLhVnAOie4

Oh yeah.  Me too.  Shocked when I saw he wasn't a Rivals 4-star.  This kid has some legit skills.  Reminds me a bit of Isaiah Roby. Perhaps not the explosive leaping ability but then maybe a bit better shooter.  Similar body, similar game.  I like this offer a lot.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SF Robbie Beran
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Oh yeah.  Me too.  Shocked when I saw he wasn't a Rivals 4-star.  This kid has some legit skills.  Reminds me a bit of Isaiah Roby. Perhaps not the explosive leaping ability but then maybe a bit better shooter.  Similar body, similar game.  I like this offer a lot.

Better comparison:  Wes Wilkinson.

22 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Better comparison:  Wes Wilkinson.

I was growing up in Grand Island around age 12-18 from when Wes was a junior/senior in high school through his years for Nebraska. As a little 5’7” twerp I quit playing organized basketball in high school but will always remember going to camps he was a student coach at in middle school and just being amazed at his height. Pry one of my favorite husker basketball players ever just because of that.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, Norm Peterson said:

He's now a Rivals 4-star, so no longer shocked that he isn't.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

(Of course, it doesn't look like we made his final cut, so perhaps irrelevant to us that he's now a 4-star.)

Edited by Norm Peterson

8 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

He's now a Rivals 4-star, so no longer shocked that he isn't.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

(Of course, it doesn't look like we made his final cut, so perhaps irrelevant to us that he's now a 4-star.)

Pretty sure we are not. Kansas St had an official scheduled but he cancelled because it was too far from home

We've seen it in the past where some kid chooses a school that wasn't on his "final" list.  It happens.  Would love to see this kid commit to us.  I really like his game.

When I first saw this offer, I did a quick look up and Rivals showed him as an unranked player, which surprised me because his film said "Rivals 4-star" to me.  I don't know when he got that 4th star.  It might have been before our offer or shortly thereafter.  Either way, you watch this kid's film and you can see he can do some things.  Things that would really fit well in Miles' system.

I'm hoping they stay on him and see if they can swing at least an unofficial visit.  He'd have some real opportunities here.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SF Robbie Beran - Northwestern