Big Ten Baseball coaching pay

Bugeaters1

16 hours ago, khoock said:

Didnt realize how low Erstad is paid in terms of other coaches at the university. The head track coach gets like 350k. Amy Williams gets 500+k.

Erstad took less to have more money at his disposal to attract assistant coaches.  That hasn't exactly worked out as Silva has burned bridges around the state and half of the arms on the team have fallen off and nobody is exactly sure what Kirby does.   

I wonder if Mr. Rogers did an additional study on the salaries of hockey coaches in the same conferences?  Likely not.

I am a huge baseball fan.  I always felt it was unfair that there was a perceived disparity between baseball in the North and South.   When I played, and then coached select ball, we always seemed to be very competitive with the teams to our South.  We were very successful in National tournaments.   That said,  I once had a scout tell me that he didn't look at many players north of the Mason-Dixon line.  Exceptional players existed to the north, but they were far and between.  I argued his point, but in reality, he could drive a 100 mile radius of Houston and watch 100 or more high level players, but that same radius around Omaha may find five or pethaps ten players.  Heck, look at Horn and Childress and their successes.  Is it easier for them to be successful simply due to their geographic location?

My point is that the disparity in salaries is due in part to the geographic location of the schools, don't you think?