Reporters

BannedAccount

The good news is since I have such low regard for his knowledge and ability and he brings nothing to the table for me,  I don't need to read his stuff. Doesn't sound like I am missing much. 

So you don't like good insight based on factual and analytica information, I understand.  You probably don't believe in evolution either. 

The good news is since I have such low regard for his knowledge and ability and he brings nothing to the table for me,  I don't need to read his stuff. Doesn't sound like I am missing much. 

So you don't like good insight based on factual and analytica information, I understand.  You probably don't believe in evolution either. 

So, you're saying Dirk evolved from a chimp?  :)

Okay. Here are a few examples:

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/296803173195194368

I understand it's an attempt at being clever, but really, 4 Gallegos?  It's obviously a thinly-veiled swipe at the Huskers.  You're at a Creighton game...it's okay to stop obsessing about the 'Skers....or is that what they do at their games, I guess I don't know.

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/296811158495707136

Again, why the swipe at Nebraska?  It's not necessary.  Oh, and also, you forgot that Nebraska is easily better than UCLA, too since SC beat them last night.  What a maroon.  Or was it just another attempt at humor?  If so, he forgot to use the sense of humor button on his twitter.

I think your reaching here.  Neither of those two tweets are at all a shot at Nebraska. 

Dirk's analyses are not based on analytical info.  He uses statistics dishonestly.  He decides what he wants to prove, then seeks out stats that support that conclusion.  For example, if he wants to prove how great somebody is, he will deliberately omit that particular player's worst games.  Likewise, if he has predecided that somebody is horrible, he will point to three games or so for that player, which are most certainly that player's worst three games, and omit the rest.  I think he is the worst "analyst" of any writer at the OWH and often has no idea wth he is talking about.  His basketball knowledge is non existent.

He also regularly lets his personal biases get into the way when evaluating a player, team or coach.  I find that to be remarkably unprofessional.

On top of all of that, he seems to think he is quite witty, when in reality, he's just quite dorky.

You actually believe his stuff?  Wow.  Thank goodness there all kinds in this world.   Good insight.   OMG, you can't make this up people. 

>> 

You actually believe his stuff?  Wow.  Thank goodness there all kinds in this world.   Good insight.   OMG, you can't make this up people. 

e="1359689738">

>> 

The good news is since I have such low regard for his knowledge and ability and he brings nothing to the table for me,  I don't need to read his stuff. Doesn't sound like I am missing m

uch. 

What specific articles has Dirk made up that you think it's so ridiculous that people like his work?

Whether you like Dirk or not.  I find it amusing that people actually think he makes stuff up.  So your telling me that the Omaha World Herald allows one of their columnist to make stuff up.  I find that funny.

Whether you like Dirk or not.  I find it amusing that people actually think he makes stuff up.  So your telling me that the Omaha World Herald allows one of their columnist to make stuff up.  I find that funny.

I think most don't like Dirk because they think he's too critical.  Personally, I think that stems from fans being too sensitive and subjective about Husker sports.  Look at this thread.  People are complaining about reporters being critical of the basketball team.  I love the basketball team as much as the next person but take a step back and be objective.  We're at the bottom of the Big Ten and fighting to stay around .500.  We are NOT a good team, as much as we like them, and on a lot of nights there's an abundance of terrible plays and mistakes.  It is what it is and I have no issues with reporters commenting on the obvious.

The problem is there is seperating the Dirk Chatelains: OWH article writer, OWH blogger and tweeter.

The level of quality and potentially fact checking goes downhill from Article-->Blog-->Twitter

How high or how low this graph starts, as you can tell from this thread, is in the eye of the beholder.

Chateilain the article author does some well written and interesting work.

Chatelian the blog writer comes up with drivel like writing the NCAA a fake letter to have Nebraska and Creighton switch conferences this year.

Chatelian the twitter author is at best a way to hype is stuff on the OWH and at worst a way to Perrault his reputation as a credible source of information.

id="15265">e="1359689738">

>> 

The good news is since I have such low regard for his knowledge and ability and he brings nothing to the table for me,  I don't need to read his stuff. Doesn't sound like I am missing m

uch. 

What specific articles has Dirk made up that you think it's so ridiculous that people like his work?

I will get around to going back and reading all of his articles to find this after I get done listening to all of Matt Peraults podcasts. 

I would find that funny as well.  What I find funnier though, is that one cannot differentiate somebody being thought of as a liar versus an extrememe stat cherry picker. 

Dirk's analyses are not based on analytical info.  He uses statistics dishonestly.  He decides what he wants to prove, then seeks out stats that support that conclusion.  For example, if he wants to prove how great somebody is, he will deliberately omit that particular player's worst games.  Likewise, if he has predecided that somebody is horrible, he will point to three games or so for that player, which are most certainly that player's worst three games, and omit the rest.  I think he is the worst "analyst" of any writer at the OWH and often has no idea wth he is talking about.  His basketball knowledge is non existent.

He also regularly lets his personal biases get into the way when evaluating a player, team or coach.  I find that to be remarkably unprofessional.

On top of all of that, he seems to think he is quite witty, when in reality, he's just quite dorky.

I agree with this.