2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods -> Cincy

49r

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods
10 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

A lot of offers including a 2016! offer from Georgia Tech. His biggest recent one was Nevada. 

getting a lot of Power 5 looks, including the home town Syracuse Orange and not surprisingly Mike Hopkins at Washington.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cornhoopers said:

https://twitter.com/_egb23/status/1030235431156310016

NU in his top 8 - only power conference school if you don't count Siena

I wouldn't call the MAAC a power conference.

But, of that list it looks like perhaps Siena is the team to beat here, huh?  He appears to be interested in staying close to home and the biggest name on that list, Nevada, is all the way across the country.

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/former_bishop_ludden_basketball_star_mika_adams-woods_trims_his_college_list.html#incart_river_index

"Those were schools that were showing the most love to me, showing the most interest, always stuck with me," Adams-Woods said. "Most of the schools - like UMass and East Carolina - they've been recruiting me for two years straight. Nebraska, obviously, the Big Ten. All those schools have been showing the most love and been believing in me."

Adams-Woods said he will make official visits to Nebraska, George Mason, UNCG and UMass. He's unsure about which school will get his fifth and final official visit. He will choose a program he said, based on how he believes the school can help him achieve these criteria:

Adams-Woods said distance from home will not be a factor. He has already spent a year at New Hampton School in New Hampshire and believes he could adjust to attending a program further than a few hours away from home.

Adams-Woods expects to make a decision some time in or before November and could make it official by the early signing period, which begins Nov. 14.

After watching some footage, this kid is number 1 on my wish list. I know we need bigs desperately, but finding someone to replace Glynn as a long term starting point is just as important IMO. This kid looks like a true point guard, and will have a year of prep school under his belt. Skilled distributor. Could start along with Amir and Dachon seem more like combo guards who would play better with a guy like this on the court.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, khoock said:

With not the greatest offer list, do we expect a commit this weekend?

I hope that is a possibility, but I bet an ACC team or two will join late in the process because he is at a prep school and if he performs people will definitely notice. Also, our coach is on a 2 year contract and that never helps. 

17 hours ago, khoock said:

With not the greatest offer list,

Just from reading and watching some brief video it doesn't look like he has much ups and isn't a guy who is finishing at the rim. No idea on defense but likely isn't a strong point. At this point physically he probably projects more mid-major than high major. (I've obviously not highlighted the positives here) We seem to excel at building kids up physically though who knows about the mid-set aspect of being a guy who drives or defends well.

There is a lot of Iowa interviews with him.  If that was his dream school, they went in a different direction last week.

If he did end up here you could probably count on him bringing it against the Hawkeyes.

image.png