2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods -> Cincy

49r

1 minute ago, Jugular said:

I would guess that his offers will improve dramatically now that he’s opened up his recruiting. The prior staff really liked him

He just spent a post grad year tearing it up in New England so he'll get some offers.  He's from Syracuse but they seem pretty locked in at PG right now.

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

Big mistake on his part in my opinion. Although, one could think that Fred wasn't overly impressed with his film and the kid sees the writing on the wall that playing time might be tough with the dudes Fred will bring in.

My man, welcome to our coach apologist club!

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Bummer. Has Fred met with him yet? I would assume this means Gates isn’t coming back.

Yeah I wonder if this speaks to Gates as well.  If AG does come back he might flip back.

I don't think there is any way logistically they could have met face to face as Hoiberg said he would try to get out there and yesterday he was in Scottsbluff

3 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Big mistake on his part in my opinion. Although, one could think that Fred wasn't overly impressed with his film and the kid sees the writing on the wall that playing time might be tough with the dudes Fred will bring in.

There would be playing time enough this year barring a miracle to at least try and prove you belong.  Fred may be able to recruit over him in the next couple years but this year the pickings could be slim this late in the game.

4 hours ago, HoiBall said:

If there is anything for players to take out of Hoibergs presser... it's that playing time will be earned and not handed to them it sounds like.

7 minutes ago, khoock said:

Anybody know if/when they plan on visiting MAW? Or maybe hes coming in for the spring game next week?

He can make another official visit since we changed coaches. If we don't see him by then seems more doubtful that he's not coming.

Washut has already commented that MAW wasn't returning his calls.

37 minutes ago, BugeaterZ said:

With the Juco leaving St. John's I wonder if he was encouraged to look around?

With our depth at PG, I think MAW still would have gotten minutes even with the potential of Cam Mack.

I assume he just didnt get the warm fuzzies and is seeing if he can get something more sure closer to home with other moving parts. 

3 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

So with gates on the staff now and we certainly have room for him. Do we take Woods or does hoiberg not think he’s a B10 player?

I am not sure about the dynamics or inside conversation, but didn't Mika want to be released from his LOI?