2019 SG Jervay Green (Juco) - LOI

hhcmatt

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Roburt Sallie, the man, the myth, the legend. When he drained threes and scored 35 for Memphis in the big dance, my heart stopped for a sec.........

Roburt Sallie is the human equivalent of plantar fasciitis.... Not a killer, but a constant pain in our foot who goes away at points, but always manages to rear its ugly head.

Edited by hskr4life

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:
Western Nebraska started the year ranked #14. They have started off 2-0 with one of their wins against #3 College of Southern Idaho. 

Jervay is off to a very hot start. 

Game 1: 24 pts 9 ast 3 reb 3 stl
Game 2: 29 pts 6 reb 5 ast 3 stl

That's awesome.  With him and Dachon Burke, Thomas Allen and Amir Harris, we should have a pretty solid backcourt in the first year post-Glynn Watson. Still worried about that front court, though.

9 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:
Western Nebraska started the year ranked #14. They have started off 2-0 with one of their wins against #3 College of Southern Idaho. 

Jervay is off to a very hot start. 

Game 1: 24 pts 9 ast 3 reb 3 stl
Game 2: 29 pts 6 reb 5 ast 3 stl

Most of his points came from inside the arc as he is 2 for 4 for 3 point shots so far this year.

1 hour ago, TheKamdyMan said:

Not sure what youre looking at but he was 2/5 in the first game and 4/12 in the second game from 3 pt.  So hes 6/17 on the year after two games.

Ooops. You are right. I used the NJCAA site and read off the wrong line for a different player. Jervay is tied for 10th in Juco scoring.

1 hour ago, TheKamdyMan said:

Not sure what youre looking at but he was 2/5 in the first game and 4/12 in the second game from 3 pt.  So hes 6/17 on the year after two games.

That's just over 35%.  And from the hudl video, he has NBA range and occasionally is popping shots from out there.  He's not afraid to elevate over people and get shots off with a hand in his face and a defender in the same zip code.  That will be a refreshing change of pace for us to have a player who can get a shot off without needing a lot of space, but can also hit that shot.

Jervay had 30 last night in a win.  12-18 (4-6 from 3).  The game was streamed on YouTube.  It appears their game tomorrow night may also be streamed.  I just searched for WNCC basketball on YouTube and found the stream yesterday.  He's a beast, great handles, incredible leaping ability.  Had a great drive and monster dunk.  Three point shot looks really good.  Only went 2-6 on FTs though.

1 hour ago, RedKorn said:

Jervay had 30 last night in a win.  12-18 (4-6 from 3).  The game was streamed on YouTube.  It appears their game tomorrow night may also be streamed.  I just searched for WNCC basketball on YouTube and found the stream yesterday.  He's a beast, great handles, incredible leaping ability.  Had a great drive and monster dunk.  Three point shot looks really good.  Only went 2-6 on FTs though.

Okay, this is exciting!!!

The feed was a little choppy for me.  I think he went 3--9 with 2 3's and 2-4 from FT for 10 pts.  The 6'0 tall white guard is Drew Kuxhausen who's from Scottsbluff and is a top 10 all time Class B scorer.  I think he had 14 at least.  They don't play much D as a team and that is my main concern with Jervay.  I think he's a quality defender on his man but he doesn't always give full effort and is not great at team D.  But he plays 35+ minutes a game and he might conserve energy on D sometimes.  That obviously won't fly here.