2019 SG Jervay Green (Juco) - LOI

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

"If we could get a 4-star power forward -- and I don't know his name yet or can't share his name yet or whatever -- I think we could be really good next year."

Did anyone else catch this subtle comment?

It’s almost gotta be a transfer guy doesn’t it?

would be nice if coach miles had an official visit from Matthew hurt up his sleeve

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

You can roll out a 3 combo guard lineup of Allen, Green, and Burke which is about the least number of guards we need to roll out next year due to our roster construction.

Miles also mentioned needing to pick up a PF and was imagining what a 4 star type player in that role would do.

I'm good with TA, JG, & DB tag-teaming the 1-2-3's of the Big Ten.

38 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

One of my favorite players. Almost impossible to stop Nate from getting to the rim in his senior year-just ask Creighton. Jervay appears to be more of a three point threat though.

I've watched a few of his games, fast-forwarding through all the timeouts, etc.  I'd say that's not quite accurate.  The first game I watched, I guess I thought he attacked the glass more in transition than in the half court.  Upon further review and watching more games, this guy can take his defender off the dribble and get to the rack pretty well. I'm not sure if he's quite as good at that as Nate Johnson.  And Nate Johnson was spectacular from three-point range his senior year as well.  But Jervay can drive and he can dish and he can hit perimeter jumpers and make some really good passes, and it's easy to see why Miles is excited about him.

21 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

"If we could get a 4-star power forward -- and I don't know his name yet or can't share his name yet or whatever -- I think we could be really good next year."

Did anyone else catch this subtle comment?

That's how he has to talk about all recruits that haven't signed a letter of intent. He couldn't mention Donovan Williams by name either.

Seemed more like pie in the sky talk for 2019 than someone that was going to commit here but make a run in the tourney and who knows

15 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

That's how he has to talk about all recruits that haven't signed a letter of intent. He couldn't mention Donovan Williams by name either.

Seemed more like pie in the sky talk for 2019 than someone that was going to commit here but make a run in the tourney and who knows

I got the distinct impression it was not like he was trying to drop a hint, but that he knows something and just can't say it out loud.

As my son said, he was awfully specific about what he had to say about the type of player he's looking to add.  A very specific attribute.

He could have just said "we need an athletic 4 and we hope to still be able to find one at this point."

Instead he said 4-star.  Love to have a 4-star.  Not a 5-star like Copeland, but a 4-star like Roby.  And I don't know the name or maybe I do and just can't say it.

If he didn't have a particular someone in mind, I don't think he would have explained it like that.  But that's just my rose-colored sunglasses take.

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

Well technically 247 sports themselves have him as a 3 star, and in this video hes #23.

I am certainly not going to doubt you or any proof that may exist.  I referenced my comment off of this blurb within the aforementioned scouting report:

Scouting Report

Athletic Background

Jonathan Dos Anjos is a 6-8, 195-pound Power Forward from Bradenton, FL. He is ranked No. 389 in the country by 247Sports.

Dos Anjos is the No. 33 recruit in Bradenton, FL (34210) State and is the No. 81 Power Forward in the nation.

Dos Anjos has a 247Sports rating of 70, making him a 2-star prospect.