2019 Recruits

Bugeaters1

I see the coaches recently (according to NU womens BBall)...have been recruiting in.... Kansas, Colorado, Minn, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Florida (Duckett ?), and ...Aussie land.

So where will the next recruit come from?

Saw where Coach Amy recently said there's a couple more recruits coming that may put them in a top 20 recruiting class again. So some silent commits ??

She must be pretty confident to say that kind of stuff.

Also that 2019 Helms got a 4 star rating on one of the recruiting sites. Haven't seen a rating on Bourne

Edited by redsteve

5 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Saw where Coach Amy recently said there's a couple more recruits coming that may put them in a top 20 recruiting class again. So some silent commits ??

She must be pretty confident to say that kind of stuff.

Good analysis redsteve.  She is usually cautious in giving out that kind of info so she must have something up her sleeve.  I like it.

15 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Has anyone heard anything on Makenna Marisa? Raoul has a tweet about her.

No, ...Pa. isn't mentioned as a place where the staff has visited....at least that's what NU's tweet's say.

Could have offered on the phone of course.  Sounds like a good prospect just doing a quick search for info.

Change of topic:

See the volleyball team just got a new commit .....Lincoln girl ......that hasn't started the 9th grade yet !  ..... (6-3 and still growing)  Came to summer camp/workouts and Cook offered.

She was an Iowa native, that moved to Ne when she was young...and was hooked on NU volleyball

Nebraska is a hot bed of good volleyball players...Div 1 players. NU has a Nebraska girl in 4 or 5 straight years of commits.

National Championship(s) breeds more and more very young kids that identify with,  and want to be like the women's volleyball team

Edited by redsteve

5 minutes ago, redsteve said:

No, ...Pa. isn't mentioned as a place where the staff has visited....at least that's what NU's tweet's say.

Could have offered on the phone of course.  Sounds like a good prospect just doing a quick search for info.

Change of topic:

See the volleyball team just got a new commit .....Lincoln girl ......that hasn't started the 9th grade yet !  ..... (6-3 and still growing)  Came to summer camp/workouts and Cook offered.

She was an Iowa native, that moved to Ne when she was young...and was hooked on NU volleyball

Nebraska is a hot bed of good volleyball players...Div 1 players. NU has a Nebraska girl in 4 or 5 straight years of commits.

National Championship(s) breeds more and more very young kids that identify with,  and want to be like the women's volleyball team

Coaches Love and Goehle are following of her on twitter. So maybe something is brewing.

Edited by Bugeaters1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:26 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

This is the Tweet Bugs.  It refers to major changes in the 2019 rankings but with no indication of how to see those rankings.  So, I clicked on the part of the tweet following the 3 yellow "fingers" and it took me to some site that was asking me to subscribe for 25 bucks. 

This is the Tweet Bugs.  It refers to major changes in the 2019 rankings but with no indication of how to see those rankings.  So, I clicked on the part of the tweet following the 3 yellow "fingers" and it took me to some site that was asking me to subscribe for 25 bucks. 
I see that the site wants 25 bucks. I'm not a subscriber, so I guess we wi never know what it says.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 7/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, redsteve said:

Change of topic:

That new VB commit has a twin sister as well.  Another tidbit - she is the stepchild of Bill Ziegelbein, a walk on with the Husker FB program in 1987 who eventually became the starting center.  Bill died in a tragic accident on his way to Sturgis around 4-5 years ago.   Her mother was a college basketball player and her older sister had committed to the Huskers before switching to a smaller school for college.

4 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Get to pick my seats this Wednesday I am pretty excited. I have watched every game on my phone and tv since we moved to BIG. Decided it was time to just buy season tickets and go watch in person more often finally. Hoping for an exciting year this year!!!

We opted to not choose our seats this year. We can't get much better than behind the bench in row A. Good luck to you getting some good seats. I like the fact that I don't have to wait for a row to clear before I can go. I just get up and walk out.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Speaking of that are those first Cpl rows good to pick. I feel like your view might be blocked from the press and stuff

to some degree, we cant see the sideline on the east where the game management people sit. but we do have a big tv above us.

33 minutes ago, Merlin said:

I think they’re pretty low. We sit about 5 rows up behind the bench and they are good but could see the court better higher. Although we would miss the timeout ‘discussions’ from coach then:)

You sit close to me if you can get in on the coach's timeout discussions.