Jordy Gone

On 7/20/2018 at 1:43 AM, TimSmiles said:

miles deserves some blame here. jordy wanted out back in january, and miles essentially pleaded for him to stay. the team was playing better without jordy in the starting lineup anyways.

and now here we are in late july without a legitimate big guy. brady is barely 200 pounds and borchardt is a 3rd string center at best.

unless miles can pull off a evan taylor type signing, this is a bad start to the 18-19 season.

Would you like to still have Jordy on the team?

On 7/23/2018 at 9:27 AM, Huskerpapa said:

True dat; but we are sort of are in that you "reap what you sow" paradigm.  We have had players leave, at least in part, due to advice of handlers, parents or friends; but we have also been on the receiving end of that revolving gift by receiving players such as Petteway,  Palmer, Copeland, Burke, ecetera.

The other advice is provided as well, and we may be the beneficiary of that "work harder" advice; if the stories I have heard about Glynn and Isaiah are true.

I guess it is the nature of our current society, like it or not.

Scott Frost has a lot of guys leave too.  Basketball is different but still if a player’s main priority isn’t winning then the team will be better off without them. It’s ok to want to be successful, but self above team usually doesn’t work. 

4 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

did you even read my post? i wanted miles to get rid of jordy in january because the team was playing better without him in the lineup, but miles pleaded for him to stay.

Yes.  My take of your post was Miles messed up by not getting rid of him, but since he didn’t we are stuck with two big men that aren’t D1 ready players.  So We could have had a grad transfer or we should still have Jordy.  Comparing what those two bring us to what grad transfer big men have brought us I’ll take two guys that fill their roles and help the team. 

8 hours ago, TZAHL said:

Yes.  My take of your post was Miles messed up by not getting rid of him, but since he didn’t we are stuck with two big men that aren’t D1 ready players.  So We could have had a grad transfer or we should still have Jordy.  Comparing what those two bring us to what grad transfer big men have brought us I’ll take two guys that fill their roles and help the team. 

As opposed to having three of them if he were here?

Goodness, hard to believe this thread is still kicking around.  By the way, Jeriah Horne was a member of Jordy's recruiting class (with Isaiah) and here are his current stats at Tulsa:

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2018-19 TLSA 21.0 2.5-6.5 .385 0.5-3.0 .167 2.0-2.0 1.000 3.0 0.5 0.5 0.5 2.5 2.0 7.5

So, would we rather have Jeriah or Nana backing up the 3-4 position this year?

Edited by Huskerpapa

Summarized:

Former NUBB players elsewhere:

Class of 2014: Tarin Smith [UConn] - 16.0 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 4.0 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 1.3 TPG
Class of 2014: Jacob Hammond [out of basketball]
Class of 2015: Bakari Evelyn [Valparaiso] - 11.5 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 4.5 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.0 BPG, 1.5 TPG
Class of 2015: Ed Morrow [Marquette] - 3.0 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 0.7 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 2.3 TPG
Class of 2015: Michael Jacobson [Iowa St] - 16.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 0.3 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 1.3 TPG
Class of 2016: Jordy Tshimanga [Dayton] - sitting out as transfer
Class of 2016: Jeriah Horne [Tulsa] - 7.5 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.5 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.5 BPG, 2.0 TPG