Jordy Gone

58 minutes ago, busticket said:

I am thinking Jordy is as delusional as Ed was about being a wing if he is leaving because he feels he should be a starter.  He should know he is still raw as heck on the offensive side unless his “advisors” are filling his head with other ideas.  

It's a problem that, after being here two years, he's still that raw. 

I don't disagree that he is, but I'm diapppinted he is. 

But I don't intend on missing him. 

14 hours ago, busticket said:

I am thinking Jordy is as delusional as Ed was about being a wing if he is leaving because he feels he should be a starter.  He should know he is still raw as heck on the offensive side unless his “advisors” are filling his head with other ideas.  

It sounded, based on what I read, as if his "advisors" are/where filling his head with bad advice.  It amazes me how many parents/advisors/handlers screw kids over telling them they are better than they really are these days.  Better advice would simply be "work harder".

7 minutes ago, colhusker said:

It sounded, based on what I read, as if his "advisors" are/where filling his head with bad advice.  It amazes me how many parents/advisors/handlers screw kids over telling them they are better than they really are these days.  Better advice would simply be "work harder".

True dat; but we are sort of are in that you "reap what you sow" paradigm.  We have had players leave, at least in part, due to advice of handlers, parents or friends; but we have also been on the receiving end of that revolving gift by receiving players such as Petteway,  Palmer, Copeland, Burke, ecetera.

The other advice is provided as well, and we may be the beneficiary of that "work harder" advice; if the stories I have heard about Glynn and Isaiah are true.

I guess it is the nature of our current society, like it or not.

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

True dat; but we are sort of are in that you "reap what you sow" paradigm.  We have had players leave, at least in part, due to advice of handlers, parents or friends; but we have also been on the receiving end of that revolving gift by receiving players such as Petteway,  Palmer, Copeland, Burke, ecetera.

The other advice is provided as well, and we may be the beneficiary of that "work harder" advice; if the stories I have heard about Glynn and Isaiah are true.

I guess it is the nature of our current society, like it or not.

Agree that it isn't always parents/handlers are wrong, didn't mean to imply that if I did.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, noahjb24 said:

Any insight on us getting a big transfer??

Just from the bodies we've offered for 2019/20 I would suspect we're looking for more of a strech 4/PF than a center. 

Otherwise I'd say a JUCO would fit in real well and our recent offerings would lead me to believe we're a lot more open to that then in years past.

Just now, colhusker said:

We can hope, but Jordy really pulled an Andrew White III leaving like he did.

Jordy left later in the calendar than AWIII did.

The funny thing though is generally speaking people are less upset because AWIII was a much better basketball player than Jordy.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Jordy left later in the calendar than AWIII did.

The funny thing though is generally speaking people are less upset because AWIII was a much better basketball player than Jordy.

...plus, Jordy quit on his brothers and the fans in January.  Nebraskan's tend to provide a second chance...but burn us twice!!!  Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out our door.

Congrats, Nana "Lil Jordy" Akenten.  You are now the third-heaviest scholarship player on the Nebraska basketball team.  You'll make a great power forward, just like Ade Dagunduro.  Yay team.  (Just THINK of all the minutes you're now in line for with Jordy leaving!)

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=24&SPSID=23

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Congrats, Nana "Lil Jordy" Akenten.  You are now the third-heaviest scholarship player on the Nebraska basketball team.  You'll make a great power forward, just like Ade Dagunduro.  Yay team.  (Just THINK of all the minutes you're now in line for with Jordy leaving!)

Well, until Tanner gets his scholarship renewed.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

To bad he is not 2-3 inches taller, stretch 4 is the perfect position for him IMO. I have no problem playing one big, 3 decent sized wing and a PG. Would be a lot of fun if we can board. Not a lot of teams have 1 let alone 2 guys who are good at posting up so Def is not a big concern to me.

On 8/1/2018 at 3:33 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I actually think he has a shot at getting minutes at the 4.  He has almost enough weight, can easily make up for an inch or 2 with his crazy leaping ability, and he was a good rebounder in high school and played in the post a lot, particularly defensively.  I'm not certain he has the quickness/coordination to guard a wing, but he could at least be a pest to an opposing 4 with his ability to run, jump, and stretch the floor from 3.  If he could be even serviceable at the 4, it could buy Brady a redshirt.  Nana has the frame to run at 220-225, I would think.