Jordy Gone

30 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

If Heiman decides not to redshirt and we use him instead of Tanner...we are not only trading Heiman for Borchardt this year...you are trading Heiman first year player for Heiman 5th year senior, 5 seasons from now.

I'm not worried about 5 seasons from now.  This years team has potential to do damage, and if Heiman is better than Borchardt and can provide serviceable minutes you play the better play NOW

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Potential?   Yes.   Heimann's is higher.   Does he reach it this year though?

Athletic Ability?  Depends.   Is Heimann quicker and more agile?   Likely.  Does he have the functional athletic ability to do what we need him to do now?   Up for debate.  

Ball Handling?   Again..up for debate.   Sure, Heimann might be able to dribble better.   But being strong with the ball is also a measure of ball handling.  Borchardt would have an advantage here.  And how much ball handling does either do?   This is pretty negligible considering what each of their roles would be.  

I can respect this

16 minutes ago, big red22 said:

I can understand this, but if Heiman is better now... you play Heiman now.  Like I said we need a transfer, because I am not comfortable with Tanner or Heiman right now

It’s not necessarily a who is better argument it’s a who is better in the role that we need arguement. Both roby n cope do what heiman is hopefully going to be able to do but they do it way better. We need the little things from our back up posts. I give you the videos I’ve seen from heiman are encouraging but a redshirt year equaling a 5th year senior is just to appealing in my mind to pass up if miles plans to be here for the long haul. 

Take it for what this is worth. Two degrees of separation from someone in the know.

Apparently Jordy had small knee operation this summer with 4-5 week recovery period. Was given first 2 weeks at home. Left Lincoln at 270 came back at 295. Team wanted him playing at 260 this year.

May have already been posted, but didn't want to read through it all.  Worst case you can read it again.

41 minutes ago, Skersby90 said:

Take it for what this is worth. Two degrees of separation from someone in the know.

Apparently Jordy had small knee operation this summer with 4-5 week recovery period. Was given first 2 weeks at home. Left Lincoln at 270 came back at 295. Team wanted him playing at 260 this year.

May have already been posted, but didn't want to read through it all.  Worst case you can read it again.

So what's that mean? We ran him off because he put on weight?

1 hour ago, Skersby90 said:

Take this for what it is worth; the same dude who told me that we were recruiting a europeon big man, recently told me that the staff was questioning Jordys overall commitment to the program and his commitment to improving his game.  He indicated that he was quick to blame others for his lack of development and was weak in accepting accountability. Lastly, he was quietly upset about Hunter's departure. 

Not sure if any of this is true.  My first reaction was that stuff like this is easy to say once a kid makes a decision such as this.  I thought I would share this "rumor" and see if anyone can coroborate 

1 hour ago, big red22 said:

I'm not worried about 5 seasons from now.  This years team has potential to do damage, and if Heiman is better than Borchardt and can provide serviceable minutes you play the better play NOW

I'm worried about about all 5 seasons and looking out for the best interest of each Kid....just because he might help the team a little, i don't think you sacrifice his 5th year if he wants it, so you ight be  0.25 points a game better...

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

I'd take another Okeke type like this guy... His shot needs a lot of work!  So for him to do anything outside of 5 feet offensively is not going to happen.  Also that dribble at the 59 second mark scares the **** out of me!  I will never understand how guys that big and strong can't dribble a damn basketball?

3 minutes ago, big red22 said:

I'd take another Okeke type like this guy... His shot needs a lot of work!  So for him to do anything outside of 5 feet offensively is not going to happen.  Also that dribble at the 59 second mark scares the **** out of me!  I will never understand how guys that big and strong can't dribble a damn basketball?

that's really all we need. copeland/roby will be getting 32-35 min per game as long as they stay out of foul trouble.

53 minutes ago, big red22 said:

If D'jery was a grad transfer, I'd say get him right away.  Maybe get him anyway.  But we need someone for depth this year.  

Does Duby have a younger brother?

Edited to add:  Just checked the grad transfer tracker and D'Jery will graduate from Vandy in December and would be available basically for 1 1/2 seasons.  He'd come in as a junior wherever he lands.  It'd be nice if he could transfer now, attend classes in Nebraska and apply them toward his degree at Vandy, and then have less rust to shake off on December 15, when UNL holds commencement exercises for fall semester.  Probably won't happen, though.

Edited by Norm Peterson

51 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

He’s coming off of surgery—again.  Probably figures a redshirt year and some fresh faces would be good for him.

it will be interesting to see if the coaches saw this coming and have a back-up plan.

I'm not convinced he will go to another college.  Perhaps he will; however,  my first thought was that he would head to Europe to play professionally.