Jordy Gone

I'll add...I wonder if this will be a positive on the offensive end? Jordy seemed to clog things up and was a black hole when touching the ball.  It was almost a given that he was chucking it up if he touched the ball.  On the defensive end...it concerns me.  Miles is going to have to get real creative if Roby gets in foul trouble.  We may be seeing a lot of 1-3-1 this year. 

11 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I'll add...I wonder if this will be a positive on the offensive end? Jordy seemed to clog things up and was a black hole when touching the ball.  It was almost a given that he was chucking it up if he touched the ball.  On the defensive end...it concerns me.  Miles is going to have to get real creative if Roby gets in foul trouble.  We may be seeing a lot of 1-3-1 this year. 

The positive side is this removes the temptation to play Jordy.   You're right in that it does bog down the middle.

The issue it creates is depth issues.   Once again the reason we should've been going after a big transfer 

I said this in the morrow thread yesterday. A team isn't about the player, and coming off the bench is not necessarily a bad thing. It gives team versatility, and versatility is what makes teams good. Jordy was a big piece of this puzzle  and he just made this difficult on miles.   I really hope miles has something up his sleeve

5 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Not to start any rumors but I thought it was odd Nana changed his profile pic on Twitter..??  I thought it was weird when it happened and now with this news it makes me wonder how solid he is?

Not that it means anyone else will transfer but if one was to do a ranking of our current roster in terms of transfer likelihood Glynn would be least and Nana would be most. 

13 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Potential Grad Transfers we could look at:

Djery Baptiste, 6'10 C from Vanderbilt.. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3911624/djery-baptiste

about it

Available in December.  He's basically a less aggressive offensively Jordy with better shot blocking.  I don't think Vanderbilt is broken up about him leaving.

I'm looking at our current recruiting of zero centers and I just don't think we're going to offer this type of guy going forward because we can't land/develop guys into starters.

5 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

Miles still could have recruited another juco/transfer big guy knowing we had a good chance of losing jordy and/or copeland. he deserves some blame for that, but like i said he has a little time to pull of another evan taylor type signing. we'll see.

Smiles, your posts on here have the appearance of someone waiting to pounce at the first bit of bad news.  If Miles doesn't allow Jordy to return in January you're probably hammering  him for not giving second chances and not listening to his players.   

And how how do you know we didn't try to sign a juco /transfer big?  Getting good enough ones isn't exactly easy.   No one should be immune from criticism but yours seems over the top.  

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Smiles, your posts on here have the appearance of someone waiting to pounce at the first bit of bad news.  If Miles doesn't allow Jordy to return in January you're probably hammering  him for not giving second chances and not listening to his players.   

And how how do you know we didn't try to sign a juco /transfer big?  Getting good enough ones isn't exactly easy.   No one should be immune from criticism but yours seems over the top.  

Totally agree HB. Just because he didn't sign a big doesn't mean he didn't try. We already have Brady (who probably should redshirt) so it's not like you really want to go out and get another project. With the core of the roster returning, and from all accounts really good team chemistry, you would need to be sure the risk of bringing in someone new would be worth it. The number of grad transfer/juco guys out there that fit that need is likely very small.

I don't love the impact on our depth down low but I don't think this is going to be much more than a blip and will definitely reinforce the use of our "death lineup".

11 minutes ago, Buglem said:

Totally agree HB. Just because he didn't sign a big doesn't mean he didn't try. We already have Brady (who probably should redshirt) so it's not like you really want to go out and get another project. With the core of the roster returning, and from all accounts really good team chemistry, you would need to be sure the risk of bringing in someone new would be worth it. The number of grad transfer/juco guys out there that fit that need is likely very small.

I don't love the impact on our depth down low but I don't think this is going to be much more than a blip and will definitely reinforce the use of our "death lineup".

Our "death" line up is fantastic, but defensively they are going to struggle.  Not because they can't defend, but because they won't be able to be aggressive the whole game.  Five fouls for Roby and/or Copeland make us a completely different team.  Like Dean Smith said we will be forced to play small ball.

I think we are going to see a lot of HIGH scoring games next year.  Hopefully we are on the winning end of the 94-92 type games though!

Edited by big red22

2 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Has Jordy been at the workouts? I went back through the workout videos on twitter and didn't see him, although I didn't give them grassy knoll-type scrutiny. 

He was sidelined for a month from a clean up procedure in one of his knees.

Better off without him because he clearly didn’t want to be at NU.  It seems to me that he regarded himself as a starter.  Roby will have to avoid the silly fouls that plagued him last year.  I don’t believe in handing out scholarships just to get a big body.  Make do with what we have.