Jordy Gone

I feel he is weak and lets  his “handlers”

too easily push him, regardless his actions are incredibly selfish. I would say good ridence but now our only option is small ball. So late we can’t find his “Evan Taylor.” Much worse than Andrew White. Tomorrow maybe I’ll get past the pettiness but tonight I’m bitter and hope his basketball career ends badly for him. 

This board sometimes reminds me of two best friends talking to each other about dating...

Introduces a significant other to their best friend: "Awe, they're so awesome!"

Breaks up with a significant other: "You're better off without them."

Gets back together with significant other: "You two are so great together."

Breaks up again: "They didn't deserve you anyway."

56 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

This board sometimes reminds me of two best friends talking to each other about dating...

Introduces a significant other to their best friend: "Awe, they're so awesome!"

Breaks up with a significant other: "You're better off without them."

Gets back together with significant other: "You two are so great together."

Breaks up again: "They didn't deserve you anyway."

A real friend will be honest. Your friend may want to get back together again but you know better and are willing to risk having them be mad at you to tell them that. Continuing the metaphor this is the second time we caught him cheating. Once maybe forgiven but twice is a pattern. And this late date is the equivalent of leaving you at the alter. The wedding and the reception have been paid for and there is no recouping that lose. So it is human to hope that he never finds true love. I hope he makes a nice living with the psychology degree that he earns I but am petty enough at 1:00 AM to hope he never makes another jump hook in his life. 

miles deserves some blame here. jordy wanted out back in january, and miles essentially pleaded for him to stay. the team was playing better without jordy in the starting lineup anyways.

and now here we are in late july without a legitimate big guy. brady is barely 200 pounds and borchardt is a 3rd string center at best.

unless miles can pull off a evan taylor type signing, this is a bad start to the 18-19 season.

Edited by TimSmiles

11 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

miles deserves some blame here. jordy wanted out back in january, and miles essentially pleaded for him to stay. the team was playing better without jordy in the starting lineup anyways.

and now here we are in july without a legitimate true big guy. brady is barely 200 pounds and borchardt is a 3rd string center at best.

Where you there? Did you hear any pleading? Miles has a conversation with his family and when everybody was done talking Jordy stayed with the program. That’s all I know and unless you were in the room you don’t know any more either. I assume that Miles let him back because he recommitted to the program because as a coach that’s the only way I would have let him come back. I wasn’t there either but based on my experiences coaching I’m assuming Jordy lied whether he knew it at the time or not and just threw  his team under the bus in an incredibly selfish act. I’m assuming that someone in his camp decided that leaving then would lose Jordy a semester of eligibility and they started planning his exit at that time. The best word that comes to my mind to describe Jordy right now is weak. 

Edited by Dean Smith

10 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

Where you there? Did you hear any pleading? Miles has a conversation with his family and when everybody was done talking Jordy stayed with the program. That’s all I know and unless you were in the room you don’t know any more either. I assume that Miles let him back because he recommitted to the program because as a coach that’s the only way I would have let him come back. I wasn’t there either but based on my experiences coaching I’m assuming Jordy lied whether he knew it at the time or not and just threw  his team under the bus in an incredibly selfish act. I’m assuming that someone in his camp decided that leaving then would lose Jordy a semester of eligibility and they started planning his exit at that time. The best word that comes to my mind to describe Jordy right now is weak. 

Jordy missed games and practices during conference play and told multiple local reporters he was leaving the program back in January.

I think i would have just moved on if I was miles. A player committed to the team/program doesn't do that in the middle of conference play.

Edited by TimSmiles

8 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Not to start any rumors but I thought it was odd Nana changed his profile pic on Twitter..??  I thought it was weird when it happened and now with this news it makes me wonder how solid he is?

If Nana leaves it doesn’t put the program in such a bind. Wouldn’t make it an less unethical in their part but less harmful to the program. 

19 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

Jordy missed games and practices during conference play and told multiple local reporters he was leaving the program back in January.

I think i would have just moved on if I was miles. A player committed to the team/program doesn't do that in the middle of conference play.

Miles talked to the family and must have heard enough right things to allow him back. Either Jordy or his family or both knew they were being untruthful at that meeting. This is 100% on Jordy even if the decision was guided by others. 

13 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

Miles talked to the family and must have heard enough right things to allow him back. Either Jordy or his family or both knew they were being untruthful at that meeting. This is 100% on Jordy even if the decision was guided by others. 

Miles still could have recruited another juco/transfer big guy knowing we had a good chance of losing jordy and/or copeland. he deserves some blame for that, but like i said he has a little time to pull of another evan taylor type signing. we'll see.

Edited by TimSmiles

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

Miles still could have recruited another juco/transfer big guy knowing we had a good chance of losing jordy and/or copeland. he deserves some blame for that, but like i said he has a little time to pull of another evan taylor type signing. we'll see.

This part I would agree with. I think there were some attempts fairly recently to find some additional depth. There have been other recruits on campus that have not been reported

1.  I feel bad for Roby who will have to play the majority of the minutes at the 5. Have to wonder how that will effect his NBA prospects. 2. Miles failures in regards to recruiting bigs continues to be a black eye for him.  3.  Jordy was/is a mediocre basketball player up to this point who was likely going to be just another warm body to eat minutes this year.  But still a tough blow as we are now razor thin down low. Probably would have been a good idea to use all of the available scholarships for once.