2019 SF Yavuz Gultekin -> Texas A&M

hhcmatt

So, this is how conversations often go with me.  You start out talking about future career choices for your kids and someone brings up how much they just paid their plumber to hook up a washer/dryer and maybe that's something a kid could look into doing. Next person mentions how they need to find a plumber to fix a couple leaky faucets and do you know anyone good?  Pretty soon, you're talking about clogged toilets and someone brings up those PooPourri commercials on YouTube.

YavMacPoouz McGultekinclungpourri.

Who brought up Georgetown to begin with?  I think that's where we went off the tracks.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, Jacob Padilla said:

As you well know, there's more to basketball than highlight dunks. He's 1-17 from 3 this season and has more turnovers than assists. Great athlete, but there's a reason he wasn't ranked more highly than he was. 247 had him at 245. 

He's hit 5 of his last 12 3-pointers (41.7%) and hasn't turned the ball over in the last 2 games including a 32 minute, zero turnover, 16 point performance against Richmond.  To go along with 3 rebounds and an assist.  In his 7th game out of high school.

He's averaging 24 minutes, and 7 1/2 ppg.  I don't care what you say, that's 4-star material right there.  Show me 4-star recruits outside the top 50 who are having more impact than that, and I'll show you just as many 4-stars who are having less impact.

For comparison purposes, those numbers compare pretty favorably with what Ty-Shon Alexander and Mitch Ballock -- both 4-stars -- did for Creighton in their first 7 games last year.

Edited by Norm Peterson

On 12/3/2018 at 5:27 PM, Norm Peterson said:

For comparison purposes, those numbers compare pretty favorably with what Ty-Shon Alexander and Mitch Ballock -- both 4-stars -- did for Creighton in their first 7 games last year.

Been reading that Ty-Shon is now, apparently, the second coming of KD & Steph put together. At least that's how the effusive praise seems to be laying it all it out. Sheesh.

• 4 months later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SF Yavuz Gultekin
On 11/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, Norm Peterson said:

So, this is how conversations often go with me.  You start out talking about future career choices for your kids and someone brings up how much they just paid their plumber to hook up a washer/dryer and maybe that's something a kid could look into doing. Next person mentions how they need to find a plumber to fix a couple leaky faucets and do you know anyone good?  Pretty soon, you're talking about clogged toilets and someone brings up those PooPourri commercials on YouTube.

YavMacPoouz McGultekinclungpourri.

Who brought up Georgetown to begin with?  I think that's where we went off the tracks.

How did I miss this the first time?! 

That narrator is the shiz.

• 6 months later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SF Yavuz Gultekin -> Texas A&M
  • 2 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 12:05 PM, Jacob Padilla said:

As you well know, there's more to basketball than highlight dunks. He's 1-17 from 3 this season and has more turnovers than assists. Great athlete, but there's a reason he wasn't ranked more highly than he was. 247 had him at 245. 

This year, he's averaging over 42% from 3-point range so far. A couple of days ago, he dropped 26 pts on Syracuse. I'm still comfortable saying he should have been a Rivals 4-star top 50 kinda guy. There's a reason he wasn't ranked more highly than he was, and it's because the recruiting services missed on him.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

This year, he's averaging over 42% from 3-point range so far. A couple of days ago, he dropped 26 pts on Syracuse. I'm still comfortable saying he should have been a Rivals 4-star top 50 kinda guy. There's a reason he wasn't ranked more highly than he was, and it's because the recruiting services missed on him.

With the 3 or 4 players leaving last week, he’s pretty much made it “his” team.

• 3 months later...