The end of AAU Basketball

Bugeaters1

• 3 weeks later...

Good, only due to fact or appearance of inproprieties.   The program certainly provides a platform for the players to be seen.  There is an argument that the "handlers" and other people hanging on for possible profit are trying to protect the kid; but the system is currently broken, and the unbalanced entitlement is out of hand.

Edited by Huskerpapa

There are a number of talented kids that are in a rudderless life situation.   If a kid hooks up with the right agent and the agent truly serves the best interests of the kid, then I have few issues.  But there are some less then reputable agents out there, and they concern me.  

By the way, how does an agent enter into a legal/binding contract with a 16 to 18 year old kid?  I suppose the contract would be agreed to with a viable parent...but yikes, I can see an increase in Litigation if somehow that kid doesn't like the ultimate outcome.

AFAIK the 15 visits include those during high school as well as visits to transfer to a different school. 

Five visits between Aug. 1 and the end of their junior year of high school.
Five visits between the end of their junior year and Oct. 15 after high school graduation (this might lead to a lot more winter enrollments).
Five visits between Oct. 15 after high school graduation and the remainder of their college eligibility.

So high school recruits can take 10 official visits.