Wisc 2018-19...one of Wisconsin's best freshman classes...

whoopdeedoo

"Tsipis kicks off his third season at Wisconsin in 2018-19, returning four starters and nine letterwinners. UW will return nearly 74 percent of its points (1,343 of 1,819) and more than 76 percent (820 of 1,073) of its rebounds this season. Marsha Howard earned honorable mention All-Big Ten honors last season after leading the Badgers with 6.9 rebounds per game while ranking second with 12.4 points per game.

Tsipis also welcomes in one of the best freshmen classes in UW history, including three top-100 players. The Badgers bring in Carmen Backes, a 6-1 wing from Lindstrom, Minnesota; Jasmine Hale, a 5-9 wing from Cincinnati, Ohio; Diamond Bragg, a 5-9 guard from Camp Hill, Pennsylvania; Imani Lewis, a 6-1 forward from Willingboro, New Jersey; and Maia Caito, a 6-4 post from Cranston, Rhode Island."

• 10 months later...
11 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Ok, thought that was who you talking about. Geez, she hasn't had a full recuiting cycle to have her seat getting warm.

I really would like some verification on the hot seat statement.  All I have ever read is that coach williams is doing a great job and Moos loves how she is doing her job.  One yahoo on the rivals board made a statement last winter, but nothing that is said over there can be taken seriously.

well, i didn't use the word "hot". roll your eyes, syh, whatever---but, miss another tourney and it has to be a little concerning. would have to believe it won't make that recruiting trail any easier. that is what it is all about if your expectations are to consistently be in the race for a title or ncaa bid. as things stand at the moment, tough time breaking that top 60 when it comes to recruiting talent. hoping that changes. i believe i am correct in stating that one of coach williams biggest concerns has been getting that consistent offensive threat. 

btw, i fully expect this squad to make the ncaa next season. as long as the team stays relatively healthy, and, especially if they get production from 1or 2 of the incoming class. no doubt it's going to be another season of chasing maryland by the rest of the big ten-----and, may add ohio state to the fray. expect them to finish 1-2 next season. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

On 5/27/2019 at 11:51 AM, Fastbreaker said:

I really would like some verification on the hot seat statement.  All I have ever read is that coach williams is doing a great job and Moos loves how she is doing her job.  One yahoo on the rivals board made a statement last winter, but nothing that is said over there can be taken seriously.

She’s not on any hot seat.

last year’s team was a 17, 18-win NIT bunch that scheduled its way out of a NIT bid. I dunno how much of that was on the new staff or the old one (feel like the drake and wazzu series predate Williams) but I’d expect the non-con this year wont include five road games at Power six conference teams.