Iowa 2018-19: Bluder-"We are implementing a second offense"...

whoopdeedoo

Thanks for posting these two articles Whoop (IA & Wiscy).  Looks like the Big Ten will be a tough conference again this year.  No doubt Iowa will want revenge for last season; it will be interesting to see what Coach Amy has up her sleeve!

Took her a year to figure that out ? You could see it when we played them last year. No offense but Gustafson. Nothing else but her was in the scheme. We exposed it by shutting down the balance of the team...all they could score with was Gustafson. There's five on the floor, not one.  Their fans even were pointing it out.

Doesn't matter....we'll probably go 2-0 again ! ?

26 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Took her a year to figure that out ? You could see it when we played them last year. No offense but Gustafson. Nothing else but her was in the scheme. We exposed it by shutting down the balance of the team...all they could score with was Gustafson. There's five on the floor, not one.  Their fans even were pointing it out.

Doesn't matter....we'll probably go 2-0 again ! ?

Absolutely nothing does more for me then beating Iowa.  Especially the pounding we gave them last year at their place in front of a huge home crowd.  GBR

On 7/9/2018 at 11:42 AM, Red Don said:

Thanks for posting these two articles Whoop (IA & Wiscy).  Looks like the Big Ten will be a tough conference again this year.  No doubt Iowa will want revenge for last season; it will be interesting to see what Coach Amy has up her sleeve!

your welcome! yes, the Wiscy part i posted was really the only thing worth reading so, i just stuck that on the board. think caveman is on the right path with his comment on iowa.

6 hours ago, caveman said:

86.4 points a game, seems to me the offense is sound enough.  Blubber needs to figure out that it's ok to play defense.  If that happens they can become a serious contender, since they have probably one of the top five players in the country.

Not knowing who their additions will be, thinking back to last year I don't know that they had enough athletes to play consistently good defense.  Skill players they of course have.  I refer to athleticism because as the game wears on I think you need that to help overcome tired legs and in general to make up for mistakes in positioning etc.  Just an observation (my two cents which is overvalued by at least two cents).