What do you think the NBA Scouts told ...

Palmer should be told to shorten and simplify his stroke.  Even on free throws there are a few too many moving parts.  Probably not something that was adviised but I would like to see is being an even better rebounder.  He should be able to grab about 7 a game and we need them if we are going small.   With Copeland it would seem he would need to work on that 3 point shot.  He is going to have to be great at that to be in the league.  Then he needs to work on a dribble drive game IMO and lateral quickness to beat the hard close outs.  He also would be well served to be hungry to rebound.  

22 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Palmer needs to go left on drives, get a pull up jumper and improve his outside shooting and I am not an NBA scout.  Copeland needs to get on the backboards at both ends and improve beating his man off the dribble.

I am very, very happy they both have returned for their Senior seasons!

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Roby needs to work on his low-post game. He's too tall and athletic to rely on jumpers. Turn around J's, Up and under moves, Baby hooks should all be in his tool box.

They are.  You just don't get to see them very much because we don't feed him in the post.  But there have been a number of occasions where he gets the ball down low and he's deadly. He's quick, he's decisive, he's a good leaper, and he has some moves.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, Blindcheck said:

They both need to work on their 3 point shot...I think Copeland has the better form right now...he just needs to stretch his range.

Mmm.  Not sure Copeland's form is better.  They both have a little odd delivery.  Palmer's is mostly in his windup.  He actually has a nice, high release when the ball leaves his hands.  Copeland sort of throws it at the basket.  From what I've seen, Copeland's misses were worse.  But Palmer went dead cold to end the season and Copeland heated up.  Palmer finished 17.5% from 3 over his last 9 games while Copeland was a red hot 50% over the last 12.

Having said all that, I agree with you that they both need to work on their perimeter jumper if they want to sniff the NBA.  Palmer would also benefit from improving his left hand dribble drive.  If we could have Palmer, Copeland, Roby, Watson, and whoever replaces Gill/Taylor AVERAGE 40% from 3 (which I think is possible) this will be a very tough team to outscore.

(Roby shot over 40% from 3 last season; Glynn Watson was 40% the year before; Copeland was 50% his last 12 games; Palmer was 36% until his late-season swoon.  I mean, if they can get it all together -- and sometimes synergy drives the train, so if one or two guys get hot, it tends to rub off on the other players as well.)

22 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

They are.  You just don't get to see them very much because we don't feed him in the post.  But there have been a number of occasions where he gets the ball down low and he's deadly. He's quick, he's decisive, he's a good leaper, and he has some moves.

I don't expect Moses Malone, but he's a match-up nightmare and needs to get familiar with the paint. I think yer right Norm, it's in there, but he needs to bust it out...