HOW MUCH WILL OUR OFFENSE IMPROVE?

HUD

Last year before the season started in November I threw out the post called how much will our defense improve?  Basically the year before as noted in that post we were weak inside on defense.  Well for many reasons that have been discussed previously we really improved in that area.  This year with more depth and conditioning we should be able to press teams a lot harder.

The question now is what improvements do you see for this year's offense with the addition of 5 new players.  I'll start it off with a big improvement in team 3 point and free throw shooting.

No doubt Free-throws are an area ripe for continued improvement this season (287 out of 481 - 59.7% in 2016/17 & 332 out of 518; 64.1% in 2017/18).  With our increased height and length from the incoming class, I hope to see further improvement in FGs and Points in the Paint this year (668 out of 128; 38.7% in 2016 vs 809-1929; 41.9% in 2017).

Not even considering free throws for this discussion. (but...would be real surprised if they don't improve free throw shooting accuracy)

Kind of see it from a different angle.

Pretty sure they (we) will be more prolific scorers as a roster....more experienced starters for sure. That level of experience will help us have better shot selection, and improved accuracy when shooting. (starters ....another subject maybe, but not really)

The offensive roster will be deeper.  With more skilled players that can contribute effectively.... throughout the lineup. 

And to the point. ........Believe, and expect, there will be improvement in the rebounding, that will help us score more consistently and often. (and obviously improved defensive rebounding will give us more chances to score.

Chrystal ball prediction.  So....offense improves 5 points/game scoring for the season.  

Edited by redsteve

I expect some improvement regarding turnovers. The addition of Haiby and Hudson should  keep our points fresh.  If we can move, as a team, from a negative turnover ration, to a positive ratio, simple math, the offensive output increases.  Looking forward to the new season. Carly Simon's "Anticipation", might be my summer theme song.   GBR

Edited by 12dozen

10 hours ago, 12dozen said:

I expect some improvement regarding turnovers. The addition of Haiby and Hudson should  keep our points fresh.  If we can move, as a team, from a negative turnover ration, to a positive ratio, simple math, the offensive output increases.  Looking forward to the new season. Carly Simon's "Anticipation", might be my summer theme song.   GBR