2020 G Donovan Williams

• 1 month later...

Saw one of the local Lincoln TV stations reached out to Williams after OSU got hammered by the NCAA yesterday.

He said they offered to let him out of his scholarship. I got the impression he planned to stick with OSU, but I don't believe he definitively said one way or the other. They don't report for workouts for another 3-5 weeks, so he has some time to look around. 

Just what his recruiting needs is another few crazy twists.

Edited by throwback

On 6/6/2020 at 9:40 PM, throwback said:

Saw one of the local Lincoln TV stations reached out to Williams after OSU got hammered by the NCAA yesterday.

He said they offered to let him out of his scholarship. I got the impression he planned to stick with OSU, but I don't believe he definitively said one way or the other. They don't report for workouts for another 3-5 weeks, so he has some time to look around. 

Just what his recruiting needs is another few crazy twists.

Okie lite clearly is not an elite program given the penalty they got.  The big boys would have gotten a stern talking to.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, colhusker said:

Okie lite clearly is not an elite program given the penalty they got.  The big boys would have gotten a stern talking to.

Give it time. I'm hearing from Lawrence that Self is almost finished with the first draft outlining how he'll penalize himself. The stickling point is whether he'll be able to coach while wearing his toupee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My son is watching espn gameday this morning and they had segment with Cowboy star freshman Cade Cunningham. So I thought I would check on DW's stats this year. He's only played 28 minutes this season including only 1 minute in the 2021 calendar year and has not scored a point as he is 0-8 from the field on the season. Wondering if he will be in transfer portal after the season? Don't believe NU will be his next stop but thinking he won't be in Stillwater next season.

13 minutes ago, roscoe said:

My son is watching espn gameday this morning and they had segment with Cowboy star freshman Cade Cunningham. So I thought I would check on DW's stats this year. He's only played 28 minutes this season including only 1 minute in the 2021 calendar year and has not scored a point as he is 0-8 from the field on the season. Wondering if he will be in transfer portal after the season? Don't believe NU will be his next stop but thinking he won't be in Stillwater next season.

I had the exact same thought last night while watching all the Nebraska kids playing in the SDSU/USD game.  I would almost expect to see DW transfer after this year and end up maybe in the Mo Valley or something.

29 minutes ago, roscoe said:

I'm sure that the recruiting pitch to get him to Stillwater was honest, and that they told him " you're not going to play much, you probably won't be able to score against college defenses, and given your injury history it's likely you'll have season ending knee surgery half way through the season."

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Apparently that was a misdiagnosis. Their doctors told him it's tendinitis and scar tissue (injury is in the same knee with the repaired ACL).

I'm not sure that's good news or bad news for him.  If he blew out the other knee, you know that's something that can be repaired and you can move on from.  If his problematic knee won't stop giving him problems, that could just limit him going forward.  It kind of reminds me of Tre Bryant and what he dealt with and what forced him to retire.  I have no idea if the fact patterns are even remotely close besides it just being a knee issue.  Hopefully this kid's knee can be cleaned up and he get back to playing normally again.

• 1 year later...