2020 G Donovan Williams

29 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

He said he's focusing HIS attention on those schools; he said nothing about those school focusing any attention on him! 😂🤣

At one point I was focusing a lot of attention on Kate Upton but the feeling wasn't apparently mutual.

6 hours ago, Huskerinexile said:

We do not want Donovan at NU.  He has the athletic skills but is not a team player and has became very uncoachable this year.  For those that watched his last several games, North Star played much better as team without him.  He could care less what was happening at time outs and basically played 1 on 5 for himself.  

popcorn.gif

8 hours ago, Huskerinexile said:

We do not want Donovan at NU.  He has the athletic skills but is not a team player and has became very uncoachable this year.  For those that watched his last several games, North Star played much better as team without him.  He could care less what was happening at time outs and basically played 1 on 5 for himself.  

Regardless of whether we want him, he's not coming here, so it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the whole "so and so's a perfect fit for their system" is a meme around here, but in all seriousness I'd have to say from the sounds of things he's probably not a very good fit for McDermott's scheme.  That's why I say my money's on him ending up at K-State.  I think he would fit fairly well into Bruce's system.

But I could be wrong on that too.

17 minutes ago, 49r said:

I know that the whole "so and so's a perfect fit for their system" is a meme around here, but in all seriousness I'd have to say from the sounds of things he's probably not a very good fit for McDermott's scheme.  That's why I say my money's on him ending up at K-State.  I think he would fit fairly well into Bruce's system.

But I could be wrong on that too.

No matter what system he is in, he will need to learn to defend better to see the floor.  Shot selection might be an issue as well. (basically two things most Freshmen have to deal with)

On 4/2/2020 at 9:46 PM, Jugular said:

So, why didn’t Creighton recruit Donovan after he decommitted? They are clearly searching for another guard in their 2020 class. 

Please don’t mention this, Creighton fans would prefer to bash Hoiberg and Nebraska for throwing Williams to “the trash.”  But when you ask why Mcdermott didn’t offer....silence. 

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Please don’t mention this, Creighton fans would prefer to bash Hoiberg and Nebraska for throwing Williams to “the trash.”  But when you ask why Mcdermott didn’t offer....silence. 

CU fandom has to realize that their shenanigans stuck, and they're forever tainted. And they just finally *tied for a BE title, whoopdedoo, it means exactly jackchit this season with no post-season to prove it.

Edited by AuroranHusker
*clarification, not won... *tied for

Glad Creighton got brought up for ppl to trash on. Now many of you can stop shitting on the character of an 18 year old young man for making his own decision that entirely impacts his life and has zero impact on yours.

I will continue to praise Donovan Williams for knowing what is important to him and acting on it. 

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Glad Creighton got brought up for ppl to trash on. Now many of you can stop shitting on the character of an 18 year old young man for making his own decision that entirely impacts his life and has zero impact on yours.

I will continue to praise Donovan Williams for knowing what is important to him and acting on it. 

I have no issue with D.W. doing whatever he wants. I doubt I'll be praising him, he's still a kid just trying to make his way. We've all been in the 'shoes' as a nineteen year old....

On 3/24/2020 at 12:50 AM, Huskerinexile said:

LOL Cam Mack? Teddy Allen? If anyone can explain to me how Allen or Mack have a better track record of being a “high character” guy than Williams I’d love to hear it. 
You know Lebron likes to play 1 on 5 and even disobey his coach too. Did it hurt the team sometimes of course it did but that doesn’t mean Cleveland was going to be better off without him? No. Yes Donovan is like Lebron in a Nebraska highschool game and honestly I’d rather have watched him develop and play 5 on 1 at Nebraska all season compared to what we watched all season. All Hoiberg had to do was act like he wanted this guy and honestly if it didn’t work out WHO CARES we have plenty of spots to fill after all the super high character guys Hoiberg brought in last year are transferring after 1 season. 

38 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

LOL Cam Mack? Teddy Allen? If anyone can explain to me how Allen or Mack have a better track record of being a “high character” guy than Williams I’d love to hear it. 
You know Lebron likes to play 1 on 5 and even disobey his coach too. Did it hurt the team sometimes of course it did but that doesn’t mean Cleveland was going to be better off without him? No. Yes Donovan is like Lebron in a Nebraska highschool game and honestly I’d rather have watched him develop and play 5 on 1 at Nebraska all season compared to what we watched all season. All Hoiberg had to do was act like he wanted this guy and honestly if it didn’t work out WHO CARES we have plenty of spots to fill after all the super high character guys Hoiberg brought in last year are transferring after 1 season. 

People will have different opinions about all sorts of things and as long as they can give reasons for what they think what they think, I'm all about different opinions. That's what makes the world interesting. So I have no problem with your opinion. You might even be right. But every time you try to demonstrate your basketball knowledge it becomes clear you don't really get it past the ball goes in the ring thingy. 

Are we seriously comparing D.W. to Lebron????  C’mon man

2 hours ago, cjbowbros said: