2020 G Donovan Williams

2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-oklahomastate/college/oklahomastate/basketball/williams-talks-oklahoma-state

Interesting Article - Okie St part was telling to me - he seemed irritated at coaches pushing him to commit. My thought is maybe that is tied to Nebraska, I wonder if Donovan wanted to look around more - and Hoiberg said, sign in the fall or were gonna fill that spot somewhere else. 

Yeah that does make a lot of sense, actually. NU couldn't play games all spring waiting.....and D.W. likely wanted assurances that weren't offered.

4 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Donovan took an official I believe...anyone hear how it went??? 

I don't have a VIP membership to 247 but the headline suggests it was an unofficial visit and he's scheduled another visit, perhaps an official visit.  The headline also says his visit last weekend was "awesome".

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/It-was-awesome-Donovan-Williams-recaps-KU-visit-sets-another-144254239/

Edited by 49r

6 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-oklahomastate/college/oklahomastate/basketball/williams-talks-oklahoma-state

Interesting Article - Okie St part was telling to me - he seemed irritated at coaches pushing him to commit. My thought is maybe that is tied to Nebraska, I wonder if Donovan wanted to look around more - and Hoiberg said, sign in the fall or were gonna fill that spot somewhere else. 

I suspect that is how we are with most everyone. We have certain types and we're not going to sit on our hands and come up empty waiting for a decision.

No surprise from that interview that DW knows who he is and what he wants to accomplish. Personality-wise he's he polar opposite of Walt Pitchford.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I don't have a VIP membership to 247 but the headline suggests it was an unofficial visit and he's scheduled another visit, perhaps an official visit.  The headline also says his visit last weekend was "awesome".

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/It-was-awesome-Donovan-Williams-recaps-KU-visit-sets-another-144254239/

Going back for another unofficial for their Senior day

First official to Okie Lite and is looking at others.

Williams said "It was great.  He said I'm a stud and they're going to be keeping close track of me for the end of my season."

Edited by colhusker

On 3/2/2020 at 10:42 AM, colhusker said:

Careful, you be told you have have disdain for the kid.

That's because the recent labels of 'disruptive' and 'difficulty' seem to be mainly because of the 'difficulty' of getting him to sign with Nebraska has been 'disruptive' to Nebraska fans. I can buy something like we wanted to see how he recovered from his injury or we recruited over him or his skill set wasn't exactly what we wanted because even if invented they make sense.  To be told that the issue was 'disruptive' is such BS given that it seems like we don't care at all about this recruiting most anyone else. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, rr52 said:

Does anybody think that there is chance that door reopens to bring Williams in?

Hoiberg seems level headed enough to approach him again and go over the current circumstances.  I am not sure if Williams is level headed enough to seriously listen.  I can certainly see him playing a lot and he would seemingly enjoy this brand of basketball.  

10 hours ago, rr52 said:

Does anybody think that there is chance that door reopens to bring Williams in?

No, and glad it won't.  If he didn't start at a freshman here (and he wouldn't) he would just transfer.  No doubt the kid has talent and sure he will have a very nice college career somewhere else.

1 hour ago, FredsSlacks said:

Idk if fred actually did anything to upset him or if he just really didn't like the fact that we were only recruiting JUCO/transfers. But if he wants to play point guard at a power 5 school, it seems like there should be mutual interest.

What Fred did to upset him was recruit Teddy Allen.