2020 G Donovan Williams

His maturity can grow, yes.

I watched him play vs Bellevue West. He and Chucky are both legit Division 1 future starters.  Chucky is a great prospect and I’m glad he’s not following in Young and Dotzler’s footsteps to CU. 
Donovan can drive at will against smaller HS players, but his 3pt. Shot is exceptional.  Not sure I’ve ever seen a HS player score 25 in 1 quarter.  I’m bummed he’s not coming but I’ve moved on...

There is no question this kid can play and is a very good shooter.  However, I'm still somewhat fine with him not coming because he strikes me as the type of player that would transfer if he isn't starting as a freshman.  I think he will be a very solid player for whatever school he chooses.

Hes a good player. He will do well wherever he goes. Kudos to him for knowing what he is looking for; he wants to go some where and be the man from the start and play early/often. He realized Nebraska may not be that place. Hopefully he finds a school that is a good fit for him.

The only thing that changes for me is now I wont be rooting for LNS to win the 'ship. Ill save it for Hunter Sallis and the Mustangs who we still have a chance with (however small it might be).

30 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Yeah.  It’s sad that a player of his capabilities from Lincoln, who wanted to be a husker, won’t be coming here.

But it’s Hoiberg and his staff, whose careers are on the line with each recruiting choice, that get to make such calls.  
It’s still sad.

If he wanted to be a Husker so bad why didn’t he sign the dotted line?

Would you have suggested Hoiberg and company stop recruiting other prospects to satisfy Donovan? Doesn’t seem like a wise

choice. 

47 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

If he wanted to be a Husker so bad why didn’t he sign the dotted line?

Would you have suggested Hoiberg and company stop recruiting other prospects to satisfy Donovan? Doesn’t seem like a wise

choice. 

Could it be that he wanted to be a Husker but the staff wasn't feeling the same way......

22 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

Could it be that he wanted to be a Husker but the staff wasn't feeling the same way......

Sorry the kid could have signed, didn't, the coaches kept recruiting and he decided there wasn't enough me my I in it for him and HE chose to move on. Could it come back to bite the staff in the ass if the kid lights it up some place else, yep, but he comes across as very needy with the they needed to show me more love.

Edited by colhusker

23 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Sorry the kid could have signed, didn't, the coaches kept recruiting and he decided there wasn't enough me my I in it for him and HE chose to move on. Could it come back to bite the staff in the ass if the kid lights it up some place else, yep, but he comes across as very needy with the they needed to show me more love.

Washut said on the air the other day that Williams didn't expect or need the "red carpet treatment" from the staff.   But the concern was he was receiving no contact at all.  I don't know what all did or did not go down, but Washut provided this version. 

3 minutes ago, HB said:

Washut said on the air the other day that Williams didn't expect or need the "red carpet treatment" from the staff.   But the concern was he was receiving no contact at all.  I don't know what all did or did not go down, but Washut provided this version. 

+1

25 minutes ago, HB said:

Washut said on the air the other day that Williams didn't expect or need the "red carpet treatment" from the staff.   Butthe concern was he was receiving no contact at all.  I don't know what all did or did not go down, but Washut provided this version. 

I know you’re just reporting what Washut said, but Williams was on campus taking pictures with Hoiberg 4 different times April - September. The timing with Teddy’s commit makes me believe Williams wanted to be top dog and priority one, and needed a reason to decommit  beyond “its looking like l won’t be top dog from day 1 like I’d hoped”. Seems highly unlikely that Hoiberg would reach out to Williams the day after he was hired saying he wanted him, visit him the day after he tore his ACL saying they still wanted him, have him on campus 4 times summer - fall, and be willing to use a valuable scholarship on him — all while ignoring him. 

On 2/12/2020 at 8:39 AM, kldm64 said:

There is no question this kid can play and is a very good shooter.  However, I'm still somewhat fine with him not coming because he strikes me as the type of player that would transfer if he isn't starting as a freshman.  I think he will be a very solid player for whatever school he chooses.

Nebraska strikes me as the type of school that recruits transfers

39 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I know you’re just reporting what Washut said, but Williams was on campus taking pictures with Hoiberg 4 different times April - September. The timing with Teddy’s commit makes me believe Williams wanted to be top dog and priority one, and needed a reason to decommit  beyond “its looking like l won’t be top dog from day 1 like I’d hoped”. Seems highly unlikely that Hoiberg would reach out to Williams the day after he was hired saying he wanted him, visit him the day after he tore his ACL saying they still wanted him, have him on campus 4 times summer - fall, and be willing to use a valuable scholarship on him — all while ignoring him. 

No need to believe it. Donovan said it himself. He said the signing of Teddy “definitely, definitely, definitely” impacted his decision.  The fact that some think this is solely on Hoiberg is interesting considering what Donovan has told the media. 

Perhaps Hoiberg was/is wishy washy on him. I don’t know. But the fact that it has been said Nebraska was ready to take his LOI and Donovan stating “Nebraska only recruits JUCO/Transfers,” “I want to be an immediate impact player” either someone was in Donovan’s ear or he wanted Hoiberg to cater to him by not recruiting other players. Which is crazy. 

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

Fred might want to see if this relationship can be repaired.  I see him being able to start from day 1.  But if he is going too be too much of a handful, then I understand letting him go.  He is very good though.  Wasn't shooting well tonight, but shot looks good and has a great body.  

He’s too much of a handful....but Teddy isn’t....

That decision is always going to baffle me. Just my honest opinion.