2020 G Donovan Williams

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

ok

If you are suggesting that me correcting him if he continues to spew bs about our program insinuates that I have some growing up to do, that is also your right.  I think those that continue to defend his nonsense have issues of their own that may be far worse.  

Edited by royalfan

11 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Didn't see this posted earlier, but Shaka Smart supposedly in town for visit today.

Say what you want about coaches being overpaid, but being in Lincoln sweet talking a high school kid isn't my idea of a great way to spend New Year's Eve. 

Meh, he'll be back in Austin for dinner.

So if Donovan Williams goes to Texas, if Donovan Williams transfers then maybe Donovan Williams can fill Donovan Williams’ role.

if Donovan Eilliams doesn’t transfer then I don’t know how much Donovan Williams and Donovan Williams both play at the same time since they appear to play the same position.

if Donovan Williams has a freshman year next year as good as Donovan Willisms’ Freshman year this year (averaging 2.5 ppg) I would expect Donovan Williams to transfer.

So if Donovan Williams goes to Texas, if Donovan Williams transfers then maybe Donovan Williams can fill Donovan Williams’ role.

if Donovan Eilliams doesn’t transfer then I don’t know how much Donovan Williams and Donovan Williams both play at the same time since they appear to play the same position.

if Donovan Williams has a freshman year next year as good as Donovan Willisms’ Freshman year this year (averaging 2.5 ppg) I would expect Donovan Williams to transfer.
That gave me a headache.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

That gave me a headache.

It just made my headache from last night worse.  But it was funny if I understood it.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:33 PM, hhcmatt said:

Shaka trying to corner the market.

image.png

I dunno, man.

Let's say your'e a guy and your name was Jamie Williams and you met this perfect girl and find out her name is also Jamie Williams. Not personally sure I could pull the trigger there.

I was just thinking yesterday: "What if you recruited players named 'Smith' only?"

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 2.04.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 2.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 2.05.03 PM.png

Honestly at this point let’s just quit beating a dead horse, if we get this Whitt kid and 2-3 freshman in 2021 will we even care?  If teddy Allen gets his head on straight and balls out next year will we care?  Just let it die!!!  When Tim was fired everyone on this forum said hey wanted a no-nonsense coach who could build depth, play a brand of b-ball and get 4-5 star guys and high end transfers to Lincoln in order to compete in the Big-10, Fred is doing that and the kids this year even though have had a few stinkers have also played some games none of us thought they would and are starting to plant that flag of run and gun and play good defense.  Let’s just keep watching and see where we are in 5 years and if Donovan goes all conference somewhere then we can kick ourselves, but I feel like we are filling his possible talent with other just as good or better talent.  Rant over, now to go back to watching Manchester United underperform.  

39 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Honestly at this point let’s just quit beating a dead horse, if we get this Whitt kid and 2-3 freshman in 2021 will we even care?  If teddy Allen gets his head on straight and balls out next year will we care?  Just let it die!!!  When Tim was fired everyone on this forum said hey wanted a no-nonsense coach who could build depth, play a brand of b-ball and get 4-5 star guys and high end transfers to Lincoln in order to compete in the Big-10, Fred is doing that and the kids this year even though have had a few stinkers have also played some games none of us thought they would and are starting to plant that flag of run and gun and play good defense.  Let’s just keep watching and see where we are in 5 years and if Donovan goes all conference somewhere then we can kick ourselves, but I feel like we are filling his possible talent with other just as good or better talent.  Rant over, now to go back to watching Manchester United underperform.  

You forgot to tell us to get off your lawn!!!😐

17 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

You forgot to tell us to get off your lawn!!!😐

I already took your frisbee old man, so you shouldn’t be on it anyway...or maybe a frisbee was a bit after your time, what did kids in the 70’s play with?  Tight jeans and agent orange?  😜

Edited by Keenan9595

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:
On 12/30/2019 at 9:56 PM, royalfan said:

He has a lot of growing up to do.  

This was the biggest concern I had heard about him since NU started recruiting him. His talent was never in question.

Sure, Donovan does need to mature and I wish he would stop bashing Nebraska's recruiting of him or or us not wanting to recruit high school kids.  However, he's no different than many 17 or 18 year old kids and I'm not sure if I, or many of us, would have had the maturity at his age to act any differently on twitter if a vocal minority of angry (likely adult!) fans were hammering me.  I don't blame Donovan for this as much as perhaps him not having the right support staff around him to help understand the pitfalls of social media.  Hopefully he matures like most teenagers and has a good career wherever he lands (unless it's Creighton!).

• 5 weeks later...