2020 G Donovan Williams

10 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

Why would his knee injury affect him signing at Nebraska? 

Not saying this is the case here, but sometimes guys will go to prep school and reclassify if they haven't fully recovered from an injury.  (And I can't give any examples of this because I might be completely wrong.)

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

3 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Not saying this is the case here, but sometimes guys will go to prep school and reclassify if they haven't fully recovered from an injury.  (And I can't give any examples of this because I might be completely wrong.)

I think he is already old for his class. I thought I read he was already or would be 19 before graduating. 

The thought that DW would not sign at Nebraska because he wanted to prove first that his knee was good enough and thus he was good enough seems pretty far fetched if you think about it.  How volatile is this roster/program? I think on April 15th he's going to have a better answer for that question than he would now. I would assume that he's going to sign here unless whatever we do in the next 5 months changes that.  I would also assume he's not going to sit around without a backup plan.

Next year's roster is already interesting.  I'd guess it would be something like:

Mack-Burke

Green-Burke-Curtis

Banton-Thor

Stevenson-Cross-Arop

Yvan-Walker

Not a ton of minutes for an incoming frosh SG unless he's all world.  That said, Sallis in the 2021 class should be licking his chops to play here immediately.

Hope we get Williams.  I think his injury is a huge question mark, though, and I'm fascinated to see what kind of recruits this staff can pull.  

This is the reason why I truly feel they need to get rid of the "verbal". commitment altogether.

Especially for any player before his or her senior season.

We are talking about 16, 17 or 18 year old kids who really aren't ready to make that long of a time commitment at this time in their lives.

Just sign them on the day and everybody wouldn't lose their minds so much.

Would kill a bunch of " experts" careers though.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:28 AM, LK1 said:

Next year's roster is already interesting.  I'd guess it would be something like:

Mack-Burke

Green-Burke-Curtis

Banton-Thor

Stevenson-Cross-Arop

Yvan-Walker

Not a ton of minutes for an incoming frosh SG unless he's all world.  That said, Sallis in the 2021 class should be licking his chops to play here immediately.

Hope we get Williams.  I think his injury is a huge question mark, though, and I'm fascinated to see what kind of recruits this staff can pull.  

You make a valid point but I will also say that Hoiberg says he has a position-less offense so Williams could get time at the wing.   (And he has enough size to guard wings as well)

Regardless you point is well made and competition for minutes will be tough next year.

Hopefully Donovan is patient enough to realize that after his freshman year he will have all the playing time he could want (as long as he has the game to back it up) as Thor, Jervay, and Dachon will all be graduated. Maybe hooping for his home city and possibly making history here will be worth one year of riding the pine.

Also, who knows, maybe Donovan is talented enough to warrant playing time as freshman.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

What the ...

Only 1 spot for 2020? And he considers it to be Donovan's?

Uh … is there  a silent commit out there we don't know about?

One spot besides Donovan Williams. So, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, 1 of the 2 "already taken" is Williams (as of now...).

Edited by AuroranHusker