2020 G Donovan Williams

7 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

With all due respect. We don't need a head coach that can recruit Nebraska. We need a head coach who can get Big 10 level talent here and get to the tournament. You do that and it makes it pretty easy to get the worthy in state kids to stay. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a second.  Are you trying to flip the whole script on whether we should be fielding a team with a bunch of in-state players?

I thought that was one of Miles' failings.  Now someone is advocating that we do what Miles was doing.  It's all so confusing.  I think I'll just go drink.  Water.  Or something.

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a second.  Are you trying to flip the whole script on whether we should be fielding a team with a bunch of in-state players?

I thought that was one of Miles' failings.  Now someone is advocating that we do what Miles was doing.  It's all so confusing.  I think I'll just go drink.  Water.  Or something.

If we win, people don't care where our players are from, we could field a team entirely of players from Iceland. If we lose, people care where the players are from, the thought is - if we lose, we might as well go down with some local flavor. So as long as we aren't in the Tournament and local players on other teams are contributing in the Tournament - this argument will continue to take place. 

46 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not this week on the water, Norm.   We are on mandatory water restrictions.   I love it when the government blesses, no, mandates, my drinking of alcohol.  

16 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

My comment was about someone saying that they don't want to hear about us not getting in state players because if Miles if fired than Donovan would leave (I've long thought that he was not as firm of a commit as people want to assume on here). 

I'm not "advocating that we do what Miles was doing" I want a coach who can recruit Big 10 caliber players and keep them. I don't care if those players come from Nebraska, California, Kansas, Texas or Illinois. But if you build a program that is having consistent NCAA tournament appearances, the local kids will come. It's not like we've had an abundance of them.

Pretty much true Norm.  My question is a bit more on emphasis on defense from the little bit I’ve seen.  Some coaches won’t play a kid until they get the defensive system down well if that is how the team is oriented.  For the most part ISU put more emphasis on offense.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, busticket said:

Pretty much true Norm.  My question is a bit more on emphasis on defense from the little bit I’ve seen.  Some coaches won’t play a kid until they get the defensive system down well if that is how the team is oriented.  For the most part ISU put more emphasis on offense.

I was just taking a subtle dig at some of our blue friends to the east. @Navin R. Johnson picked up on it.  It was subtle, though, so don't feel bad if you didn't catch it.