2019 Recruiting

bigFRED

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

Sautter mentioned us offering a few guys, one of them being Trey Galloway from Indiana who "him and his dad love Michael lewis."

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Galloway-46050483

We offered Galloway back in May, btw

He also gives credit to Lewis for recruiting Arop and Donovan Williams. Is he our unofficial state of Nebraska recruiter?

1 minute ago, Red Don said:

We may have a lot riding on the results of the MBB Team this season.  I remember the uptick in recruiting following our last appearance in the NCAA's.

Yep. Make the tourney and then win a game or two. We could really put together a nice 2019 and 2020 class.

22 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Sounds like Nebraska is in the mix for a lot of talented kids. 

We have 4 open scholarships for 2019 plus whatever attrition could occur.

We have about 2 more Juco offers than we normally do...which is none. Is that Gates or something else?

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

We have about 2 more Juco offers than we normally do...which is none. Is that Gates or something else?

I am guessing that it is a staff that has a good game plan and is currently working on succeeding with that plan.  The doors are being knocked on, and they appear to be the right doors, but the real key is whether or not we can close the deals.  

Tell you what, we should be able to sell plaiying time given the number of upper-classmen moving on.

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I think the Juco offers are because they know seniors: Palmer, Glynn, Copeland will be gone due to expiring eligibility, but Roby is probably gone, Jordy is always a flight risk. So def gotta bring in some ready to go vets to mix with our really young fresh and sophomores. 

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am guessing that it is a staff that has a good game plan and is currently working on succeeding with that plan.  The doors are being knocked on, and they appear to be the right doors, but the real key is whether or not we can close the deals.  

Tell you what, we should be able to sell plaiying time given the number of upper-classmen moving on.

We haven't traditionally offered JUCOs with no prior Div 1 experience and then we went out and offered two.  I'm not saying this is good nor bad...i'm saying it's different and am inquiring as to why the change in philosophy. 

10 hours ago, JBARGIE said:

Is there a shot clock in AAU? Why would the other team even attempt that last shot and why wasn’t Omaha trying to foul? Either way it worked out for Omaha but what a strange end to the game.

Yes, a thirty-second shot clock. Another pertinent question is why did the other team jack up a three-pointer in that situation?