2019 Recruiting

bigFRED

52 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Potential Grad Transfer watch:

Myles Carter, started at Seton Hall and transferred after two years now averaging 14.5 PPG on 57% shooting and 8.3RPG at Seattle. 6'9 230lbs. He is only a 56% FT shooter , but he's big?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3906549/myles-carter

Nice article here:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seattle-university/second-times-the-charm-myles-carter-vows-to-reboot-his-basketball-career-at-seattle-u/

Looks like he gets into foul trouble.  I won't state the obvious :)

6 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

Myles Carter, started at Seton Hall and transferred after two years now averaging 14.5 PPG on 57% shooting and 8.3RPG at Seattle. 6'9 230lbs. He is only a 56% FT shooter , but he's big?

Nice article here:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seattle-university/second-times-the-charm-myles-carter-vows-to-reboot-his-basketball-career-at-seattle-u/

I fully imagine we'll go after some sort of grad transfer big in the off-season. This is someone to keep an eye on

20 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

Nice article here:

Didn't Seton Hall already have two Myles on their roster? No wonder he left, he was Myles away from playing time.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Have we ever looked at Shiloh Robinson from Kearney?  I believe he committed to Liberty University.

Don’t think so, believe he broke his wrist last year and had to sit out the whole year. Really hurt his ability to get his name out there. He committed to liberty before the season if I remember correctly 

21 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Would they be interested in a 6'9"-6'10" kid who averaged 13 and 6 as a junior in the Summit League, and shot 40% from 3?  I don't know how he'd do in a higher level conference, but Tyler Hagedorn, from Norfolk, is redshirting due to injury in his fourth year at USD this year.

The coach that recruited him, Craig Smith, is gone.

9 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

We get a big guy yet?

No clue what's going on with that. They're going after John hugley pretty hard from what I'm seeing. 

Matthew hurt is still on the board even though we probably have no shot at him. He's the only known offer we still have out to a big currently. 

Starting to become slim pickings for PFs and C's left. I imagine they'll get a grad transfer but I haven't seen anything for a 19 big. No clue what's going on

3 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

No clue what's going on with that. They're going after John hugley pretty hard from what I'm seeing. 

Matthew hurt is still on the board even though we probably have no shot at him. He's the only known offer we still have out to a big currently. 

Starting to become slim pickings for PFs and C's left. I imagine they'll get a grad transfer but I haven't seen anything for a 19 big. No clue what's going on

Nebraska needs a legit B1G dude. Heiman, love the potential. He's not going to be 1B to Roby's 1A next season. C'mon, let's get a big guy, already !!! GBR !!!

8 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

Its just par for the course with our front court recruiting.

We can go after 2019 guys but I don't think we'll offer any if we feel we can get Hugely because of how overloaded our 2020 looks vs our 2019.  Someone will more than likely transfer so we'll probably have a spot but that's why I would guess you're not seeing offers.

Probably the best strategy right now is to identify guys who could be grad transfers before they declare which isn't something people with sense would admit to publicly.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

We can go after 2019 guys but I don't think we'll offer any if we feel we can get Hugely because of how overloaded our 2020 looks vs our 2019.  Someone will more than likely transfer so we'll probably have a spot but that's why I would guess you're not seeing offers.

Probably the best strategy right now is to identify guys who could be grad transfers before they declare which isn't something people with sense would admit to publicly.

They need a HS big and a grad transfer big for next year.   We have two open slots as is, barring an early departures/transfers.   

Waiting on Hugely is negligent at this point in time.   You don't need another big in 2020, you need at least two in 2019.  2020 will take care of itself at that point in time.

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

So you think we hold a “19 scholarship back for the “20 class? And aren’t we already over for the 2020 class w 2 commits and only roby being a senior? A grad or 2 would make 2 or 3 seniors I suppose

54 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

So you think we hold a “19 scholarship back for the “20 class? And aren’t we already over for the 2020 class w 2 commits and only roby being a senior? A grad or 2 would make 2 or 3 seniors I suppose

Roby is gone for the 20 class.   He only factors against the 19

20 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I Phrased it wrong.  Robys scholarship goes to say donavon Williams. Davis from Indiana currently has no scholarship? Hugely would have no scholarship? If we fill out current two openings this year?

Depends on how we fill them.  

Assuming everyone returns, we have two open spots for next season.  If we give one to a HS freshman and one to a grad transfer.  Then we will be full for 2020.  

With that being said....that'a assuming no attrition between this year and next and between 2019 and 2020.   We know that is highly unlikely to occur so the odds are definitely in favor of having a spot open for 2020.

Lastly....I'll take Hugely.  But not at the expense of not filling our needs again next year.  Playing for the future doesn't matter when you aren't maximizing the present.    

Here's the scholarship breakdown:

1.  Mika Adams Woods

2.  Amir Harris

3.  Thomas Allen

4.  Aguek Arop

5.  Jervay Green

6.  Dachon Burke

7.  K. Davis

8.  Isaiah Roby

9. Thor

10. Brady Heimann

11.  Nana Akenten

12.  OPEN

13.  OPEN

1.  Mika Adams Woods

2.  Amir Harris

3.  Thomas Allen

4.  Aguek Arop

5.  Jervay Green

6.  Dachon Burker

7.  K. Davis

8.  Thor

9.  Brady Heimann

10. Nana Akenten

11.  Donovan Williams

12.  D. Davis

13.  OPEN

Edited by nustudent

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

Depends on how we fill them.  

Assuming everyone returns, we have two open spots for next season.  If we give one to a HS freshman and one to a grad transfer.  Then we will be full for 2020.  

With that being said....that'a assuming no attrition between this year and next and between 2019 and 2020.   We know that is highly unlikely to occur so the odds are definitely in favor of having a spot open for 2020.

Lastly....I'll take Hugely.  But not at the expense of not filling our needs again next year.  Playing for the future doesn't matter when you aren't maximizing the present.    

Here's the scholarship breakdown:

1.  Mika Adams Woods 

2.  Amir Harris

3.  Thomas Allen

4.  Aguek Arop

5.  Jervay Green

6.  Dachon Burke

7.  K. Davis

8.  Isaiah Roby

9. Thor

10. Brady Heimann

11.  Nana Akenten

12.  OPEN

13.  OPEN

1.  Mika Adams Woods

2.  Amir Harris

3.  Thomas Allen

4.  Aguek Arop

5.  Jervay Green

6.  Dachon Burker

7.  K. Davis

8.  Thor

9.  Brady Heimann

10. Nana Akenten

11.  Donovan Williams

12.  D. Davis

13.  OPEN

Aguek is at SDSU lol, I think you mean akol. But otherwise you have my same setiment. 

Pick up a freshman PF or c (I'd lean PF)

Get a grad transfer PF or c (c here) 

I don't anticipate Thor being here honestly, so that can be used for hugley or if they get lucky with Carlson, or one of the 20 kids they're going after. 

Edited by thrasher31