2019 Recruiting

bigFRED

50 minutes ago, khoock said:

Hes someone i could see us grabbing late if hes still available and nothing else pans out.

I think hes listed at 6'9 and 210-215 rn.

Ya that’s what I see him listed as too. There just isn’t much out there on him video or stat wise. The few videos that are out there show him being able to run the floor, now he isn’t wind mill dunking it but he can dunk. 

We will see as the year goes on because he’s putting up some solid point totals while hitting a bunch of 3s for Brewster and plenty of coaches from all across the county will be able to see him now. 

7 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

Looking at our group for next year again (Long wait till next game).. One more decent front court player can be the difference between bubble team and bottom 4 B1G.. Just need that 1 guy that can start at the 4 with Roby or be a lift off the bench along with Brady.

Amir

Tom

Daichon

Nana

Roby

Jervay

Brady

Mika

Akol

Karrington

Thor

Agree with you on finding one more big.  Miles agrees with you too.  Four-star-level talent.  Said so on his Monday evening radio show (and implied he has someone in mind.)

He's really high on Jervay Green as a starting PG for next year.  Jervay, Burke and Thomas Allen.  That's kind of what he implied as being the leading candidates to start in the backcourt.

Then, we need another power forward.  Four-star-type power forward.

Check out my last post in the Jervay Green thread for the money quote.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Agree with you on finding one more big.  Miles agrees with you too.  Four-star-level talent.  Said so on his Monday evening radio show (and implied he has someone in mind.)

He's really high on Jervay Green as a starting PG for next year.  Jervay, Burke and Thomas Allen.  That's kind of what he implied as being the leading candidates to start in the backcourt.

Then, we need another power forward.  Four-star-type power forward.

Check out my last post in the Jervay Green thread for the money quote.

Sounds good to me. Hopefully Miles has a dude.

Nebraska offers:

Arop with 35 tonight

Chucky Hepburn with 23

Donovan Williams with 23 pts 6 steals and 6 assists (Thursday night)

Hunter Salis with 21

Others:

Lok Wur with 27 (PL South)

Nico Felici with 25 (Bell West)

Amos Gregory with 21

John Tonje with 25

Chase Thompson 25 (Westside)

Edited by imnothipp
layout

On 12/19/2018 at 11:30 AM, noahjb24 said:

Looking at our group for next year again (Long wait till next game).. One more decent front court player can be the difference between bubble team and bottom 4 B1G.. Just need that 1 guy that can start at the 4 with Roby or be a lift off the bench along with Brady.

Amir

Tom

Daichon

Nana

Roby

Jervay

Brady

Mika

Akol

Karrington

Thor

Jervay will start over Amir 100%. And with Roby back this is a top 25 roster. Palmer and Cope are good but Green and Burke will be at least a slight downgrade. Hopefully Allen can replace Glynn’s production.

Edited by cjbowbros

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, cjbowbros said:

Jervay will start over Amir 100%. And with Roby back this is a top 25 roster. Palmer and Cope are good but Green and Burke will be at least a slight downgrade. Hopefully Allen can replace Glynn’s production.

top 25 might be a bit of a stretch, id say more of an NCAA bubble team.

I think everyone agrees we need to find another big for next year.  Someone with some experience would be nice.  A graduate transfer, if there's a good one out there.

So, let me ask you this:  If Michael Jacobson graduates in May, would you want him back?

SEASON AVERAGES
SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2018-19 ISU 27.7 5.8-8.8 .651 0.8-1.8 .455 3.1-4.7 .661 6.4 1.0 0.3 0.8 1.5 1.5 15.4
2016-17 NEB 24.0 2.3-5.9 .391 0.1-0.7 .174 1.2-1.8 .649 6.2 1.1 0.9 0.7 2.5 0.9 6.0
2015-16 NEB 18.3 1.5-3.5 .433 0.1-0.5 .188 1.5-2.0 .776 4.3 0.5 0.8 0.6 2.4 0.6 4.7

47 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think everyone agrees we need to find another big for next year.  Someone with some experience would be nice.  A graduate transfer, if there's a good one out there.

So, let me ask you this:  If Michael Jacobson graduates in May, would you want him back?

SEASON AVERAGES
2018-19 ISU 27.7 5.8-8.8 .651 0.8-1.8 .455 3.1-4.7 .661 6.4 1.0 0.3 0.8 1.5 1.5 15.4
2016-17 NEB 24.0 2.3-5.9 .391 0.1-0.7 .174 1.2-1.8 .649 6.2 1.1 0.9 0.7 2.5 0.9 6.0
2015-16 NEB 18.3 1.5-3.5 .433 0.1-0.5 .188 1.5-2.0 .776 4.3 0.5 0.8 0.6 2.4 0.6 4.7

That's tough. I think I would. He's playing center right now at ISU, so him/Roby would be interchangeable at the 5. 

I don't think he would come back here though. 

Ed morrow with the same question. If he graduates in May, do we want him back?

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

SEASON AVERAGES

Yes.

On 12/29/2018 at 5:00 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I’d take Michael, not Ed.

I'd want them both but that's probably nostalgic. I liked Eddie's screening & rebounding. Unfortunately Morrow didn't develop as he expected to be "more balanced." Eddie would be added depth in the interior, somebody who can guard big dudes. And Jake has been a nice development at ISU, of course, so that seems like a no-brainer with a stretch 4 opportunity awaiting at NU.

8 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Would Jacobson come in what’s going to be considered by many to be a “rebuilding” year?  Didn’t he leave because he wanted to “play in bigger games with more meaning” or something like that?

It was a hypothetical.  I don't think there's any chance he'd come back, but if he did would we welcome him back with open arms or would there be some lingering resentment over being jilted?

I don't think there's any question we could use him.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Neither of them will be coming back.  

59 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

It was a hypothetical.  I don't think there's any chance he'd come back, but if he did would we welcome him back with open arms or would there be some lingering resentment over being jilted?

I don't think there's any question we could use him.

Oh, I know he’s not coming back.  My response was totally hypothetical as well.

Just now, hskr4life said:

Oh, I know he’s not coming back.  My response was totally hypothetical as well.

I was wondering more how would the fans feel rather than how he would feel. Would he be accepted back with open arms?  The team might feel differently, but I think the fans would eventually get over it.

There's a certain symmetry in returning to where  you started.  And we definitely need someone with his skillset.  He's really worked on his game and developed the potential we could see he had when he was here.  I guess stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

I was wondering more how would the fans feel rather than how he would feel. Would he be accepted back with open arms?  The team might feel differently, but I think the fans would eventually get over it.

There's a certain symmetry in returning to where  you started.  And we definitely need someone with his skillset.  He's really worked on his game and developed the potential we could see he had when he was here.  I guess stranger things have happened.

Good example of this is Akoy this year.  I watched some of a few Louisville games and it doesn’t sound like they despise him at all.

I don’t know if we ever go head to head with Maryland for players but after tonight when they had maybe 4,000 there for a top 25 matchup it’s crazy to think a guy would ever pick them over us inless he’s from there. Heck we had a packed house for that school of the blind we faced last Saturday. On the rather bummer of s night take hombridge in the fact that there really is no place like Nebraska.

10 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I don’t know if we ever go head to head with Maryland for players but after tonight when they had maybe 4,000 there for a top 25 matchup it’s crazy to think a guy would ever pick them over us inless he’s from there. Heck we had a packed house for that school of the blind we faced last Saturday. On the rather bummer of s night take hombridge in the fact that there really is no place like Nebraska.

OK, now you got Norm looking for the dictionary.  Hombridge?

I got to watch Morrow play a bit yesterday, outside of the beard, not much has changed, stll not playing the three. If both asked to come back, after watching us get killed the last two games due to the lack of a big, my response would be what number do you want?

Edited by colhusker

Potential Grad Transfer watch:

Myles Carter, started at Seton Hall and transferred after two years now averaging 14.5 PPG on 57% shooting and 8.3RPG at Seattle. 6'9 230lbs. He is only a 56% FT shooter , but he's big?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3906549/myles-carter

Nice article here:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seattle-university/second-times-the-charm-myles-carter-vows-to-reboot-his-basketball-career-at-seattle-u/