2019 Recruiting

bigFRED

We can also wait and see how things develop with jucos, senior transfers, or incoming freshmen who blossom during their senior year.

Big men aren't in great supply, but it's very common among jucos to find a guy who's a big man who came on during his sophomore season, or a high school kid who was maybe playing behind someone his career and takes advantage of the opportunity when he finally gets the starting job as a senior.

I don't think we have to fill the spot for the early signing period unless we find a guy who really fills the bill.  Otherwise, for the last spot, I think we can wait and see who comes on during this season.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, Silverbacked1 said:

Roby ain't leaving because if he thinks he is I will personally take him and keep him in my basement where he will only be allowed to leave for class and basketball related activities.  I will personally walk beside him until his final game at Nebraska.

Of course I will not go on the court but ask to be on the bench.?

Think he is old enough you can take him to the bar for that pre-game beer

18 hours ago, khoock said:

So for 2019 were sitting like so:

GUARDS: Amir Harris, Dachon Burke, Thomas Allen, Mika Adams-Woods, and Jervay Green 

WINGS: Nana Akenten, Thorir Thorbjarnarson, and Karrington Davis

FORWARDS: Isaiah Roby, Dedoch Chan, Brady Hieman, and Akol Arop

Disregarding attrition, we have one scholarship left. We need another forward. I know Yavuz Gultekin is scheduled to visit. Does anybody know of any other recruits we are in on??

The two fastest way to answer these questions are

Our Scholarship List - https://huskerhoopscentral.com/scholarships/

Verbal commits - http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/nebraska

43 minutes ago, khoock said:

Also, with three commits in like 2 weeks we can finally put to rest the fear that Tim Miles' contract will hurt recruiting.

The argument wasn't that we would not be able to sign recruits; the argument is that it would limit the pool of sign-able recruits.

Let's look at the non-local recruit and here is a question that has no definite answer: do we sign a kid we like better than MAW if Miles has a longer contract?

Also I hope I nailed all the punctuation in this post!

36 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The argument wasn't that we would not be able to sign recruits; the argument is that it would limit the pool of sign-able recruits.

Let's look at the non-local recruit and here is a question that has no definite answer: do we sign a kid we like better than MAW if Miles has a longer contract?

Also I hope I nailed all the punctuation in this post!

An apostrophe, a semicolon, a couple hyphens, a colon, a question mark, an exclamation mark--and throw in a period.  Impressive!

2 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Did you have someone in mind??

No, but there are players every year who fit the bill for what we need. And if you look at our roster for next year and you're a big man who wants to grad-transfer, you can't help but think you'd have a good shot at significant minutes on a team that should be at least pretty decent.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

With only 5 losses... we can still go 7-5!  ?

So I see you found Cip's stash!  

But that said, we did show some glimpses against Wisconsin.  The improvement should consider, I am just not sure the improvement will result in more than 3 or 4 wins.

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

This might be stating the obvious but we need to start offering some post players.

Thought the same thing. They're probably going to see what will happen with yavuz and determine what to do from there. We could have 1-2 more open scholarships with attrition and Roby potentially going pro. 

How about we get in on this kid, Vernon Carey Jr. He's just the number one prospect in 2019. Looks FOR REAL. Rare to see a guy this tall, this thick, with this much skill. He might be too much of a traditional center for the new look Tim Miles crew lol

On a serious note, I really hope he doesn't go to Michigan State and goes to some ACC school we never play

YouTube

Edited by BmoreRed

On 10/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, Huskerpapa said:

...beg, borrow or steal.

I think what you're trying to say is Creighton them. 

Creighton: To pay off, bribe, or give employment or a combination of such so a student athlete will play for you. 

Also see Arizona, Washington,  NC State, Louisville, etc...

Edited by cjbowbros

• 4 weeks later...