2019 Recruiting

bigFRED

3 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

My new dream class for 2019 is: Markese Jacobs or if miss Mika Adams-Woods, Robbie Beran, Dajuan Gordon or that JUCO guard with the huge vertical, Akol Arop, and a big like Chase Paar.

Quentin Jackson.

I like your picks, but what about Zach Harvey? Is he out the picture now?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:05 PM, BmoreRed said:

Quentin Jackson.

I like your picks, but what about Zach Harvey? Is he out the picture now?

I doubt we get Harvey simply because I haven't heard any updates on his recruitment with us at all. The way we win a guy like that imo is staying on him constantly and getting him on a visit.

• 2 weeks later...

So now we have Mika Adams-Woods and Jervay Green. With the addition of Dachon Burke next year we are probably set on gaurds. 

I think we still land Akol Arop. That leaves one scholarship left that we would need to use to help with the front court. A grad transfer would be nice since Roby is currently the only senior to be on the roster rn.

11 hours ago, khoock said:

So now we have Mika Adams-Woods and Jervay Green. With the addition of Dachon Burke next year we are probably set on gaurds. 

I think we still land Akol Arop. That leaves one scholarship left that we would need to use to help with the front court. A grad transfer would be nice since Roby is currently the only senior to be on the roster rn.

Most likely, this will be Roby's last year as well.

1 minute ago, kldm64 said:

Hope not, but definitely a possibility. But just like with transfers I like to assume everyone who is on the team is on the team until they arent.

Im sure Miles and Co. are preparing and recruiting accordingly.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:35 PM, noahjb24 said:

My new dream class for 2019 is: Markese Jacobs or if miss Mika Adams-Woods, Robbie Beran, Dajuan Gordon or that JUCO guard with the huge vertical, Akol Arop, and a big like Chase Paar.

Looks like your dream class is slowly coming together.

37 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Anyone think it might be better to maybe hold off until the end of our season and try to get some higher quality recruits with these last 2 recruits based on our teams expectations or just try and get the best you can now and be done??  Just curious what some thought.

Depends on who we think we are on. Also you have to expect that someone is going to leave the program so filling up sooner than later doesn't mean you still can't add on later.

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

We might be getting the cart before the horse on that one. Let's let him play a game or two his junior year before we send him off to the NBA. He certainly has the potential but potential means you haven't really done anything yet.

10 hours ago, khoock said:

Per LJS, Miles is looking for "a hybrid forward and a long athletic guy," to fill out the '19 class.

"...another Isaiah Roby, which is easy to find." - Tim Miles ??

Miles confirming in there what the offers were showing: we're not actively recruiting traditional centers

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/miles-excited-about-husker-weekend-recruiting-wins/article_240ffde5-29a3-5f6f-b1c5-edae84111e50.html

Roby ain't leaving because if he thinks he is I will personally take him and keep him in my basement where he will only be allowed to leave for class and basketball related activities.  I will personally walk beside him until his final game at Nebraska.

Of course I will not go on the court but ask to be on the bench.?

• 2 weeks later...

So for 2019 were sitting like so:

GUARDS: Amir Harris, Dachon Burke, Thomas Allen, Mika Adams-Woods, and Jervay Green 

WINGS: Nana Akenten, Thorir Thorbjarnarson, and Karrington Davis

FORWARDS: Isaiah Roby, Dedoch Chan, Brady Hieman, and Akol Arop

Disregarding attrition, we have one scholarship left. We need another forward. I know Yavuz Gultekin is scheduled to visit. Does anybody know of any other recruits we are in on??

5 hours ago, khoock said:

So for 2019 were sitting like so:

GUARDS: Amir Harris, Dachon Burke, Thomas Allen, Mika Adams-Woods, and Jervay Green 

WINGS: Nana Akenten, Thorir Thorbjarnarson, and Karrington Davis

FORWARDS: Isaiah Roby, Dedoch Chan, Brady Hieman, and Akol Arop

Disregarding attrition, we have one scholarship left. We need another forward. I know Yavuz Gultekin is scheduled to visit. Does anybody know of any other recruits we are in on??

We have other offers out there. None to bigs as all the bigs we offered have committed elsewhere. Yavuz would be a good addition because of how versatility.