2019 Recruiting

bigFRED

10 hours ago, khoock said:

So Freds visiting with our recruits yesterday and today, individually with the current players tomorrow, and then what?

When can they start contacting new recruits?

They can see recruits face to face anywhere April 11 (Thursday) starting at noon thru April 14 (Sunday). Then it's a dead period again. Signing period starts April 17.

So if they want to/can bring in recruits for the Spring Game, it fits in that tight window.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they can contact recruits via social media, text, etc. even during a dead period, so they could potentially set up some visitors now for the Spring Game weekend. 

Certainly a very tight turnaround from when Hoiberg was hired for trying to get recruits on campus before signing day. So hopefully they can find a handful of unsigned prospects who are willing to take a look in a short amount of time.

Otherwise, I'm sure they're working on current juniors, guys in the transfer portal, etc. Plenty to keep them busy.

Edited by throwback

13 minutes ago, throwback said:

They can see recruits face to face anywhere April 11 (Thursday) starting at noon thru April 14 (Sunday). Then it's a dead period again. Signing period starts April 17.

So if they want to/can bring in recruits for the Spring Game, it fits in that tight window.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they can contact recruits via social media, text, etc. even during a dead period, so they could potentially set up some visitors now for the Spring Game weekend. 

Certainly a very tight turnaround from when Hoiberg was hired for trying to get recruits on campus before signing day. So hopefully they can find a handful of unsigned prospects who are willing to take a look in a short amount of time.

Otherwise, I'm sure they're working on current juniors, guys in the transfer portal, etc. Plenty to keep them busy.

I believe all your info is correct.

• 2 weeks later...