Bigger impact in 18-19?

Break out year in 18-19  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will make the bigger impact next year?

• Amir Harris
    • Nana Akenten
    • Thor Thorbjarnarson

12 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Harris due to his versatility.   If we can truly play the point....it allows you to get creative with Watson and Allen off the ball.

Agree with this and the main reason is that he may be most equipped to play defense and we shouldn’t need major scoring out of this position.  

Edited by royalfan

When I read the heading, I thought the question would relate to Glynn, Isaiah,  Isaac, Thomas, James or Jordy.  I think that would be the follow up question. It could be both positive or negative impact as well.  Expectations will be high for each, and it will be important for each of them to meet or exceed those expectations. 

I like Nana. The guy works hard and I think has the desire to not only be successful but also see the team succeed. If Nana can master the 3 and D role, it would fill a huge void for us.  Amir I think will play some, but the step from high school hoops to Big 10 basketball is big and freshmen during the Miles era haven't had a big impact. I would love to see Thor be used in a similar style as Manu Ginobili has been used as a members of the Spurs. Someone who can be a spark plug off the bench and act as a change of tempo. From the limited film I've seen on Thor I think his game and Manu's game are very similar.

I would love for it to be Thor. Because if it were I think that means the stars are aligning for something amazing. I am full on gulping the kool-aid this season so why not double down? I mean next season is already lining up pretty nice. Lets just go all in. Thor breaks out surprises everyone has a sophomore Glynn Watson season as does Glynn Watson and all is right. Who's comming with me?

Harris should be that dude because of what he can do for Allen at the 2.  If Allen allowed to do nothing but shoot long-range daggers at the 2, he's going to be an enormous weapon.  Anton Gill was our X-factor in several wins last year due to his outside shooting and ability to space the floor.  I think TA takes that role to another level this year as an elite B1G shooter.  

This team should have unbelievable offensive spacing with Watson, Allen, Palmer, Copeland, and Roby out there.  Good grief.  We can basically take the Golden State (quick ball movement, p&r, transition 3s) OR the Houston (isolation mismatches) approach on any possession.  What's crazy is there are going to be games where 4/5 of those guys (and Amir might be in this camp with his athleticism) can be the initiator of the offense with dribble penetration.  There's almost no doubt that Roby will be our leading rebounder, which also means we're going to be able to run like all hell if he initiates the offense.  

It also might be a combo of newcomers that has a big impact defensively.  I love what I'm seeing from Amir's defense on film.  He's more than willing.  We could role out a rangy/handsy defensive lineup with:

Amir 6'5"

Thor/Nana/KD 6'5" - 6'6"

James 6'6"

Cope 6'9"

Roby 6'8"

That could be a very pesky zone and switch every single screen against man.  

Or you could role out a brutally big lineup and just murder people on the boards with:

Amir 6'5"

James 6'6"

Roby 6'8"

Cope 6'9"

Jordy 6'11"

So many options... 

21 hours ago, rwhiston said:

I like Nana. The guy works hard and I think has the desire to not only be successful but also see the team succeed. If Nana can master the 3 and D role, it would fill a huge void for us.  Amir I think will play some, but the step from high school hoops to Big 10 basketball is big and freshmen during the Miles era haven't had a big impact. I would love to see Thor be used in a similar style as Manu Ginobili has been used as a members of the Spurs. Someone who can be a spark plug off the bench and act as a change of tempo. From the limited film I've seen on Thor I think his game and Manu's game are very similar.

‘If Nana works so hard he wouldn’t be doing dunks! with his hoodie! in the lay-up line!’ 

——that one (likely racist) guy who trolled this board last year. 

5 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

‘If Nana works so hard he wouldn’t be doing dunks! with his hoodie! in the lay-up line!’ 

——that one (likely racist) guy who trolled this board last year. 

"For gosh darn sakes"